Home Chef is building new ways to navigate the booming meal kit delivery industry. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and were growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicagos Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If youre ready to be part of the action, were ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
For this role, were looking for a sharp and extremely organized project manager to help lead the rollout of our new in-store retail practice. Candidates should be detail-oriented go-getters who can derive order from chaos and who can propel progress on multiple projects within a highly collaborative, fast-moving and ambiguous environment.
This role is not for someone who wants to sit in front of a perfectly organized MS Project plan all day and make day-by-day progress against a project end date that does not change. Ideal candidates will be scrappy, curious go-getters who thrive on ambiguity and can bring order, structure and accountability to multiple stakeholders working across several interconnected retail projects.
Projects for the role will focus on organizing and driving the execution and rollout of retail products to Kroger stores across the US, developing frameworks and tracking systems to prioritize retail A/B tests and analyses and supporting teams on new product and channel development.
The position is part of the Retail Product team and reports to the Director of Retail Product. The role is based in Chicago, IL with some travel.Responsibilities:
- Develop and own the retail project management plans covering store rollout and execution, new retail product execution, channel development and testing and analysis
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, Culinary, Packaging, Food Procurement, Tech and Kroger more broadly to develop and make progress against retail project plans
- Create new systems, methods and interactions to improve how we execute and communicate as a team, track product success and evaluate and prioritize future work
- Serve as the one stop shop for retail execution by managing an extremely detailed and continually updated project plan that covers past, current and future work tasks across all of retail
- Constantly work to fill in gaps, streamline existing activities and improve communication and processes so that retail can be executed more efficiently and effectively
- Build relationships across the company and relentlessly work to remove roadblocks and hold others accountable to ensure on-time and successful retail launches
- Execute projects to anticipate and mitigate risk and ensure successful retail launches
- Set the foundation for retail success and maximum impact by building best-practice systems, processes, and networks of communication
- Bachelors Degree. An advanced degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment product development, consulting, finance, CPG/FMCG, startups, etc.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work within a scrappy ambiguous start-up environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with the ability to develop and make progress against multiple concurrent project plans
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with national retail chains and a strong knowledge of the fresh and packaged food space
- Self-starter inclined towards finding solutions and who is comfortable working independently and with a team
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Intellectually curious and excited to grow a new retail business from ground zero
- Must have a sense of urgency and be capable of dealing with fast-changing priorities and ambiguity
Apply for this job
Role: Retail Project Manager
Apply for this job now.