Position Overview: Due to continued growth EAGLE College Prep is seeking a strategic and dynamic K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Lead Teacher who is committed to ensuring dramatic student achievement for all students in their classroom. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavior standards.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, positive character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student delivering measurable academic growth and increasing every student’s achievement.
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle. Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of a long-term Scope & Sequence aligned to the curricular goals of EAGLE.
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that teachers love them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, text books, etc.
- Support the success of all EAGLE Schools; sharing best practices with other school leaders and providing input to improve regional and school teams.
- A demonstrated passion for and commitment to the mission of EAGLE Schools to build a high-performing, growing network of schools that dramatically impact students’ academic and character development.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving
- 1+ years of experienced teaching is preferred
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certification
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be highly qualified to teach elementary
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2018
Compensation: EAGLE College Preparatory Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision.
Open Sky Education is an entrepreneurial not-for-profit organization in tireless pursuit of a full and lasting education for all children. We support and manage a growing network of learning environments, including HOPE Christian Schools, EAGLE College Preparatory Schools, Compass Educational Programs and the Character Formation Project.
All children are created equal, each with great value and unique potential to fulfill Greater Purpose.
An important catalyst for full potential is a full and lasting education.
A strong foundation for a nation of free people is a full and lasting education, accessible and affordable for all.
Role: Elementary Teacher (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Grade)
Apply for this job now.