Fuel Management Systems (FMS) Electronic Technician (FMSET) is involved in all aspects of the development and deployment of AFD Petroleum (Texas) Inc’s internal and external fuel management systems. The (FMSET) is responsible for repairing the frac refueling units ensuring fluid delivery systems are functioning properly. The (FMSET) is responsible for managing all satellite/cell communications, along with the maintenance of all satellite/cell monitors. Further responsibilities include programming of fuel site controllers and cardlocks.
- Repair reels, pumps, piping, valves, fuel delivery systems and metering systems
- Troubleshoots fueling issues on frac refueling units
Installs and/or replaces all fuel parts, verifying they function. Works with parts vendors to ensure needed parts are in stock
Remote maintenance and troubleshooting on frac refueling units
Oversee assembly, operation, repair and maintenance of fueling equipment.
Manage day-to-day issues as they arise
Assist in developing, implementing and measuring external and internal communication plans in regards to satellite monitors, and cardlocks
Monitor satellite communications strategy and bring forward any suggestions for improvement
Ensure all satellite monitors are operational
Work with all field staff to keep accurate and up to date octane page and tracking on un-deployed units
Cardlock programing and site set up
Manage all modems for tanks and monitors for updates/operation and cost effectiveness
Performs monthly tank inspections for leaks and other malfunctions and submits records to the Supervisor
Maintains current knowledge of new technology
Required to operate a motor vehicle in performance of assigned tasks.
Performs other related duties as specified by the supervisor.
Read and interpret various technical materials, ranging from moderate to complex terminology, associated with job functions.
- Compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, or composite characteristics of equipment, tools or work sites.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide and calculate decimals and percentages.
- Inspect items for proper length, width, depth, texture, and shape, and visually read various types of information.
- Strong working knowledge of fluid delivery systems
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience with fluid delivery systems
- Skill in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Use of shop tools and volt meters.
- Troubleshooting defects, malfunctions and inefficiencies in the fuel operation
- Experience with circuit boards
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other communication tools
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- Must have the ability to be an influential communications consultant within the organization.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Oversee assembly, operation, repair and maintenance of fueling equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Local travel is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours will be required.
- On call is required.
- Lifting or moving up to 100lbs may be required.
Established in 1989, AFD Petroleum is an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, and on-site tank storage systems to companies across western Canada, Texas, and Alaska.
We’re proud to offer the best equipment, solutions, and service in the industry. Over the years we’ve earned a reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries we serve, and we intend to keep doing it.
AFD fosters a culture of open communication and hard work while providing its team members the opportunity for advancement, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package. If you are passionate about customer service, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be part of a dynamic, team, we are looking for you!
Role: FMS Electronic Technician
Apply for this job now.