StaffSource is seeking Band-Saw Operators in the Maryville, Tennessee area!
*Note that work-operations will be conducted in a very clean / climate-controlled facility & offers a fifty-cent shift premium.
- Produces precision items beyond the capabilities of production machine operators.
- Follows lockout-tagout procedures when machines must be shut down for repair.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows preventative maintenance procedures for the machinery.
- Must be able to successfully perform the following tasks: pinning, de-burning, bench operations, and inspection.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Plans setup and operates typical machine shop tools, producing parts to tolerances and company specifications.
- Clean up sweepings of machine tool operation scrap and places in trash bin.
- Must be able to drive and operate a Fork Lift to empty bins.
- Responsible for loading and operating automatic saw, sawing raw material to meet with job specification.
- Responsible for operating the automatic band saw to cut billets and distribute to relevant machine tools.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Communicates with supervisor for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, as determined by business needs.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Must be able to operate all common machine shop equipment and hand tools skillfully.
- Must be familiar with basic machine and saw operations
- Must be able to drive and operate a Fork Lift.
- Must be able to successfully read and interpret blueprints.
- Must have intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments. Including but not limited to: calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales.
- Must have an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Must be able to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Must have an understanding of basic math skills.
Role: Machine Operator
Apply for this job now.