GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Join a team deploying, managing and supporting all aspects of systems infrastructures across North America to support external customers.
- Join a team deploying, managing and supporting all aspects of internal systems infrastructures within the company to support internal customers.
- The job involves a significant amount of communication with engineering resources in the US and Germany.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to following, creating or redesigning processes that reduce re-work and ensure quality improvement.
- Be a lifelong learner with desire to use existing skills, improve skills and implement new concepts.
- Have clear written and oral communication skills to both internal and external customers.
- Active travel may be required up to 40%. Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC TOOL SETS DESIRED:
- Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare vSphere including vCenter, SRM, Replication
- Veeam Backup, Symantec, ESET, Shavlik/Ivanti, WSUS, WDS, Solarwinds
- Dell, HPE, IBM Servers; Dell, HPE, EMC Storage, Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA), Meraki Wireless, Citrix and F5 Load Balancers
- Cisco Collaboration including Call Manager, Voicemail, Jabber, and WebEx
- SQL, Oracle, Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365
- AWS or Azure deployment experience a strong plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Systems, Math, or Computer Science
- Mid to senior level IT Systems Engineer to build, maintain and support highly available infrastructure supporting custom applications as well as the company’s internal infrastructure.
- Intermediate to Advanced VMWare vSphere skills (versions 5.5 – 6.5). VCP-DCV preferred.
- Experience with advanced VMWare concepts such as vSphere Replication, Site Recovery Manager, Orchestration, and performance monitoring.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016 experience including Active Directory, Networking, Group Policy, Clustering and other domain administration tools required.
- Experience with virtualization and systems administration related technologies such as virtual networking, shared storage, backup, monitoring, patching and other administrative support tools.
- Security minded professional with experience in system hardening and network security best practices.
- Experience with web applications including load balancing, certificates, secure authentication, etc.
- Building and supporting internal servers, networks, and applications to support internal IT initiatives.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and a quick learner.
INIT offers challenging tasks and responsibilities in a successful team with a pleasant working atmosphere and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. We offer a generous vacation package, 401K, medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
To learn more, please visit our website at #removed#
INIT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested in a career with a high tech German company? Do you share our vision of using technology to make Public Transit better? Do you have the bandwidth to work with embedded systems, networks, java based applications, databases, web applications and Open Payment all in the same day?
INIT is seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer based in our Seattle, Washington office. The position will support projects and customers throughout North America.
INIT provides sophisticated Intelligent Transportation Systems for Public Transit Authorities, including Fleet Management, Real-time Passenger Information, Fare Collection Solutions. INIT employs over 700 staff members around the world with a strong focus on IT and engineering.
The key to INIT’s success is our committed team of employees. We view our staff as the main source of potential to deliver our competitive edge. A position with INIT offers you not only challenging tasks, but also the opportunity to rapidly develop personal and professional skills with a successful and constantly growing international company.
Role: IT Systems Engineer
Apply for this job now.