Multiple Positions Open!
Position Offers: Direct hire, non-exempt positions offering full benefit package.
The Billing Specialist is directly responsible for collecting agency revenue for the programs he/she is assigned. To perform the collection of agency revenue, the Billing Specialist performs or coordinates all operations necessary to bill payors for claims and then ensure that all payments are received and accounted for correctly. When payments are not received or are not received correctly, the Billing Specialist is then responsible for all collection efforts, including making necessary corrections and resubmitting the itemized billing claim. The Billing Specialist is also responsible for tracking trends in the billing process and notifying the Director of Reimbursement and Medicare Manager of any significant trends. The Billing Specialist assists in the training of all personnel who are involved in the billing process to ensure accurate, quick and correct billing input procedures. The Billing Specialist prepares monthly reports aging reports to track account receivable and rejections.
- Prepare and send/transmit billing to TMHP or private payor for the programs he/she is assigned.
- Ensure that all billing is sent/transmitted and that payments or reimbursements are received in a timely manner.
- Balance all individual billing according to the client’s care plan.
- Review billing forms for accuracy and completeness before sending to payors.
- Maintain an itemized billing record each month for each client that indicates the services provided.
- Receive payments/reimbursements and post them to the accounts receivable ledger.
- Review all payments/reimbursement reports for accuracy; identify errors and correct errors prior to re-submitting to the payor.
- Correct all returned or denied billings prior to re-submitting to payor.
- Communicate with payors when necessary to facilitate reimbursement.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Maintain a current accounts receivable aging report for each program.
- Track and monitor the monthly rejection report.
- Maintain current knowledge of each payor’s billing/reimbursement guidelines.
- Facilitate professionalism with payor entities.
- Assist in the training of all personnel involved in the billing process.
- Understand, adhere to, and perform all duties in accordance with established agency policy and procedures.
- Attend training seminars, workshops and other educational activities in an effort to keep abreast of new developments and changes related to the billing/reimbursement process.
- Provide Director of Reimbursement with recurring status reports (Rejection Report and A/R Report.)
- Provide Director of Reimbursement with continual information regarding billing trends.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
Must have graduated from high school or received a Graduation Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.)
Completion of at least two (2) years college-level education in a business or healthcare field preferred
Minimum of one (1-2) year’s experience in Medicare billing operations required
Prior Home Health industry experience is preferred but not required
Working knowledge Medicaid electronic billing preferred
Ability to think analytically
Willingness and ability to operate in a high volume environment and to aggressively seek payment from payors when necessary
Excellent communication skills with a positive outlook
Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely fashion
Z-Tech Solutions is a nationwide staffing firm specializing in recruitment for a variety of positions including Accounting, Finance, IT, HR and Sales/Marketing. The firm also handles industry specific searches within the healthcare industry.
Our website is #
Role: Medical Billing - Medicare, Commercial or Medicaid
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.