Ealing, West London
Pay £70 - £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is 6 weeks experience in a similar education-based setting.
November 2020 - April 2021 initially with possibility for extension
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to join a “good” alternative provision in Ealing, West London. This full time Teaching Assistant position is required to start in November 2020 continuing until April 2021 initially with a possibility to extend further. The successful Teaching Assistant will be required to work full time, teaching KS3 and KS4 students. The successful applicant will support students in classes with no more than 8 students and assisting pupils throughout lessons.
Ofsted Rated “Good” alternative provision with small class sizes (roughly 10) and additional support within class. Located a short walk from an over ground station with onsite parking available.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have proven experience supporting pupils in the UK curriculum
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Have recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary Team on 0207 065 7530
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.