Immediate opportunity for a qualified Telecom/Fiber Engineer in the Clackamas,Oregon area.
Under the direction of the engineering manager, the fiber engineer will perform all aspects of network design for the CORE on our customers large fiber project. This work will include network design of a large dark fiber system, splicing, rerouting of proposed fiber based on field walkouts, and being the subject matter expert for all other employees.
- Using GIS to design large fiber networks
- Splicing and network connectivity
- Understanding splice loss, reflectance, mode field diameter mismatch, Optical return loss, loss budget, link loss, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Engineering analysis and design software
- Understanding of telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures
- Communicate effectively with a diverse work force including the skilled crafts, contractors, customers and other engineers
- Comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position
- Recognize unsafe practices and ability to recommend and implement corrective actions
- Perform under minimum supervision Recognize process waste and suggest changes.
- Operate Microsoft Office software proficiently
- Reporting anomalies to project management stakeholders through established tools or verbally
Minimum Qualifications and Progression
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering and 2 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 5 years of relevant experience will be accepted
Upon a conditional job offer, a drug test and background check will be required.
(Telecom, fiber engineer, fiber networks, GIS, fiber optics, engineering, microsoft office, splicing, dark fiber system, construction, telecom fiber optics, network engineer, telecom engineer)
Role: Fiber Engineer
Apply for this job now.