The Support Services Representative is responsible for providing high quality customer service and patient care. The Patient Services Representative efficiently manages patient flow including patient registration, coordinating with clinical staff, answering patient questions and/or referring patients to other services or departments. This position may require travel to other office locations.
- Receive insurance co-pay payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, check-ups and physician referrals
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Updating patient insurance and demographic information
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Patient service oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology highly preferred
- Experience on the EMR system Epic highly preferred
- Basic computer skills
We offer competitive wage and benefits (health, dental 401k, paid-time off) etc.
Wheaton Eye Clinic is a nationally recognized multi-subspecialty ophthalmology practice located in the Chicago suburbs with five offices and a single specialty surgery center. Our 30 ophthalmologists and 8 optometrists provide nearly 150,000 patient visits annually. Wheaton Eye Clinic is highly respected in the community and has superb relationships with providers and health systems.
Role: Support Services Representative - Front Desk Registration
Apply for this job now.