Role:To work as a member of the team to ensure high quality care of the children is received at all times as the safety and security of the children is paramount.
- To ensure the safe and secure care of the children at all times
- To provide a high quality of standards within the nursery
- Ensure the children have access to all learning opportunities
- Work well as a team member
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To adhere to the daily routine of the nursery
- Undertake all aspects of creative activities with the children
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Observe and support the childrens development
- Plan appropriately for the children under the EYFS framework
- Liaise and develop a good relationship with parents/carers
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met
- Be responsible for their own keychildren
- Be responsible for recording their keychildrens development and progress
- Undertake a shared responsibility with regard to health and safety and cleanliness within the nursery
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your shift and be ready
30 to 40 hours per week inclusive of college day-release.
£3.70 per hour
We are a Day Nursery with opening times Monday-Friday from 07.30 to 18.00, excluding bank holidays and one week at Christmas.
Training to be Provided:
•Level 3 Certificate in Early Years Education
•Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 2.
•Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Level 2 qualification in Child and Young People's Workforce (CYPW) and at least 6 months of childcare experience working with children is mandatory. GCSE grade C or above or equivalent in English, Maths and ICT would be preferable, but not essential.
Have patience, understanding and empathy with young children
Possibility of permanent position on completion of one year contract (subject to three months' probation period).
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
We are located in Three Bridges, five minutes walking distance from Crawley town centre. We only have limited parking facilities. Employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS, qualification and reference check.
Role: Apprentice Nursery Assistant, Crawley, £111.00
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Crawley, Sussex,
Apply for this job now.