A well established Insurance business in London City, is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their accounts team on a fixed term contract basis to cover an extended period of leave.
The company has the leading reputation as a specialist insurer and their credit control team has a very sociable and friendly environment.
As a Credit Controller the role will have responsibility for a personal ledger of clients who will need receivables management from start to finish including cash allocation and customer account reconciliation.Duties will included but will not be limited to the following:
- Chase outstanding debt/premiums in line with existing credit control procedures.
- Investigate and resolve unreconciled cash with underwriters and brokers.
- Allocates payments/receipts to correct customer accounts
- Provide assistance in the finance department when required
- Manage and resolves any queries both externally and internally
- Maintain and keep all records up to date
Owing to the technical nature of this role, successful applicants will have experience of credit control within Financial/Legal Services and ideally, Insurance.The successful applicant will be a quick learner, hard working and be able to work as part of a team.Other criteria will include:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Credit Control, ideally within the insurance industry
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel (V looks ups, pivot tables)
- Ability to work independently and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines
- Must have a professional telephone manner and have good negotiation skills
- Able to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of electronic filing and contact management systems
- Advantageous to have had experience using Sun accounting system
- Able to commute into City / East London
Due to the urgency of this position candidates will need to be available on 1 weeks notice or sooner in order to leave enough time for a handover.
Role: Credit Controller
Job Type: Contract
Location: South East
Apply for this job now.