ABBOTT HOUSE,* an innovative community based social service organization, is seeking a Clinicianfor our Long Term* Foster Care (LTFC)* program.*
Responsible for the preparation of goal-oriented diagnostic assessments, group counseling, staff training, and program enrichment. Will provide clinical guidance to the Case Managers and Youth Specialist staff and participate and provide expert/professional support in treatment team meetings concerning mental health issues and behavior management. They will also provide clinical guidance and professional support in treatment team that concern the welfare of the program youth.
- MA, MSW, or MHC are required.
- License in Social Work (LMSW/LCSW) or License in Mental Health Counseling (LMHC) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in child welfare.
- Knowledge of child welfare/child protective services.
- Experience with Evidence-Based Models.
- Strong interest in working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Strong clinical, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate trainings.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English both written and oral required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Duties & Responsibilities:**
- Will coordinate and provide individual and group counseling services in order to address youth’s behaviors, concerns, and progress in reference to overall bio-psychosocial functioning.
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of all therapeutic requirements for the program, as assigned.
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation when necessary
- Responsible for performing initial intake and assessment for safety and trafficking concerns within 48 hours of child’s arrival and onward
- Utilize positive child management techniques including verbal redirection, de-escalations, and physical containment. Reinforce positive behavior by providing healthy, positive incentives for children while maintaining appropriate boundaries with children at all times.
- Provide weekly individual counseling to youth and ongoing individual and crisis intervention
- Gather and properly document all necessary social, medical, and educational information on each child.
- Maintain clinical records and progress notes and submit monthly updates
- Participate in weekly treatment team meetings to provide mental health and educational updates
- Some flexibility is required in terms of evening hours. Will provide on-call clinical support as necessary
- Any other related duties as required.
Competitive Salary & Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B Plan, Tuition Assistance, Accrued Vacation, Personal and Sick Benefits.** EOE
Building Stronger Families and Communities since 1963
100 N. Broadway
Irvington, NY 10533
Visit us at #removed#
The mission of Abbott House is to improve the lives of vulnerable children, adults and families. Serving children and families in need and people with developmental disabilities, Abbott House strives for excellence and absolute integrity in the delivery of services.
Role: Clinician, Long Term Foster Care
Apply for this job now.