Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Under general supervision the Broadband Technician (BBT) IV repairs and maintains the fiber and coaxial transport and distribution cable services including residential and business video, data, telephone, and security. As needed supports repair and maintenance of headend electronics and critical infrastructure equipment. Performs troubleshooting from the headend to the customer's electronic devices. Supports and mentors lower level technicians and fulfills service and installation as needed to exceed customer needs.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service reflecting the Company values
• Coaches and mentors other technical operations team members
• Fulfills demand maintenance and preventive maintenance by troubleshooting and repairing the transport, trunk, and distribution networks from the Master Telecommunication Center (headend) to customer's electronic devices
• Maintains a unity gain network
• Fulfills FCC-required network tests
• Serves as a mentor to other team members, providing instruction, support and direction
• Performs all duties of Broadband Technician I, II, and III as necessary
o Troubleshoots and repairs the distribution network from headend to customer's electronic devices
o Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance
o Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer's electronic devices to tap
o Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
o Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
o Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
o Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
o Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
o Meets scheduled appointment windows
o Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile device
o Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within Company standards. Ability to obtain current DOT (Department of Transportation) medical card and valid CDL (Commercial Driver's License) where applicable; must comply with all applicable DOT requirements
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
Qualified to obtain all necessary licenses required by the state in which he/she is installing and/or servicing security services (if applicable).
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- BDS certification preferred
- Home security installation experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 months BBT III level experience preferred
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.