Home Assist continues to grow and we are seeking a Registered Nurse!
Home Assist is made up of people who share a passion for making a positive impact. It takes a wide variety of talented professionals to successfully deliver home care services. Home Assist seeks customer-oriented individuals to strengthen our workforce and enhance our mission to provide dedicated and quality skilled and non-skilled home healthcare services. We offer enriching careers, not just jobs and empower our employees to make a difference.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for maintaining compliance with agency policy and procedures. Demonstrate proficient skills using OASIS to admit, transfer, re-certify, and discharge home health patients in regards to physician orders and Plan of Care. Coordinate and supervise RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s in the delivery of patient care. Follow Medicare and Medicaid regulations. Experience in a home health care setting is required.
- Assists and performs start of care, resumption of care, re-certifications, transfer, discharge, referrals, and supervisory visits.
- Oversight of skilled staff and delivery of patient care
- Monitors, performs, and assists in performing timely chart audits
- Performs case conference regularly with clinicians providing patient care to ensure coordination of care and policy compliance
- Inputs and maintains patient records, appropriately documenting in agency’s EMR software in compliance with standards set by Home Assist, along with all regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Adhere to The Joint Commission accreditation policies, Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Documentation must be legible, accurate, complete, and complies with company policy and procedure for electronic and paper patient clinical record entries
- Troubleshoots problems regarding operational and clinical procedures. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves patient complaints
- Notify the physician of changes in a patient’s condition, while maintaining consistent communication with agency management on all clinical care
- Participate in continuing education programs, seminars and self-study programs
- Performs initial home care patient visits, re-evaluates the patient’s needs and progress on a regular basis
- Initiate the Plan of Care (Form 485) under the Physician’s orders
- Performs OASIS start of care, resumption of care, re-certifications, transfer, discharge, referrals, supervisory visits, per CMS regulations
- Provides EMR training and support along with the Director of Nursing.
- Observe, assess, and document patient symptoms
- Monitor reactions and patient progress
- Educate patients and caregivers on techniques for in home health care
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease processes, medications, Plan of Care and individualized treatment plans
- Perform skills outlined in the agency’s policy and procedure manual including, but not limited to, wound care, trach care, foley catheter insertion, ostomy care and IV therapy
- Other job duties as defined by the Administrator and Director of Nursing
- Must be a Registered nurse (R.N.) with a current license with no disciplinary actions
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree RN
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience as a R.N. (with at least 1 year of Home Health experience preferred)
- Active BLS required
- OASIS experience required
- Experience working on a computer, copy machine, tablet, printer, Cisco phone system and other in home medical equipment as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Ability to read, write and follow directions
- Ability to work positively and favorably with patients, families and staff
- Must demonstrate compassion, responsibility and maintain a cheerful attitude
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be able to multitask, and have strong computer skills
- Must be able to handle stressful situations
- Must pass a written exam and skills lab
Why Choose Home Assist?
Home Assist is a local company. The Joint Commission’s “Gold Seal of Approval” shows that Home Assist has proven standards and commitment to high quality patient care. We are a Medicare and Medicaid certified home health agency. We are contracted with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
Equal Opportunity Employer: Home Assist is an equal opportunity employer. Home Assist considers qualified candidates with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, State, and Federal law. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact People & Culture at (636) 561-5686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find a rewarding home health career at Home Assist.
It takes a wide range of talented professionals to successfully deliver home care services. Home Assist seeks customer-oriented individuals to strengthen our workforce and improve our mission to provide dedicated and quality skilled and non-skilled home healthcare services. We offer enriching careers, not just jobs, and empower our employees to make a difference.
Why should you choose Home Assist?
• The Joint Commission’s “Gold Seal of ApprovalTM” shows that Home Assist has validated standards and dedication to high quality patient care
• Medicare and Medicaid-certified home health agency
• Contracted with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
• Paid mileage and drive time
• Competitive wages
Role: Registered Nurse - Home Health
Location: Saint Louis,
Apply for this job now.