Medical Scribe is responsible for relieving a physician of their clerical duties, thereby allowing a physician to focus their attention on providing the best care to the patient. They are responsible for locating and obtaining a patient's medical history, documenting dictated notes during a patient visit on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), facilitating diagnostic test, all while providing unparalleled customer service to our patients.
We are seeking to hire two candidates. The selected candidates will work FULL-TIME. One position will requires the candidate to travel two days a week to Williamsburg and the other two days to the Bay Parkway Location. The work schedule will be Monday-Thursday from 9am-6pm; the second position will be a three day twelve hour shift from 11am-11pm in the Urgent care center.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Ability to maintain quick pace in a high patient volume center for the duration of scheduled shift
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures set-ups
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under physician guidance
- Reviews patient’s past medical history and formulates a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgement and document such findings in the EMR
- Reviews current symptoms and identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment
- Reviews medication review
- Review of lab results within the medical center
- Comply with all HIPPA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Experience with electronic medical records required
- Flexible with full-time work schedule including weekends
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the medical industry highly preferred
Doctors on Call is a mobile medical practice for the homebound frail and elderly patients that provides the highest quality-of-life to patients in all five boroughs of New York and Long Island and Westchester County. Since 1968, Doctors on Call supplies a full range of medical services including laboratory, x-ray, ultrasound, optometric and podiatric services 7 days a week.
The home-based model of care practiced by Doctors on Call has long been recognized as having the potential to reduce hospitalizations, improve patient health, and improve patient and caregiver satisfaction.
At Doctors on Call our core values are focused on providing prevention and clinical excellence. We work in collaboration with all health care professionals, certified Home health agencies, and caregivers. We strive on providing high standards of performance, consistency and quality assurance.
Role: Medical Scriber
Apply for this job now.