Experienced Process Technician - Molding
Day shift $18.00 and higher based on experience
POSITION: Process Technician - Molding
Experience: Must have a minimum of five (5) years of advanced injection molding with processing, Mold tryout or technician experience in an injection molding technical experience and background is a must.
POSITION PURPOSE: Process Technician - Molding Department performs a variety of technical duties within the molding department. This would include, but is not limited to, reviewing and recommending proper techniques to streamline processing including resin selection; trains mold setter/processors in processing and processing problem solving techniques; assists the department in troubleshooting; oversees and reviews work performed by the mold setter/processors; functions as the support person for new mold qualifications, pilot runs and establishing effective optimum processes as directed by the Process Engineer; ensures proper paperwork is completed by mold setter/processors; may fill-in as shift supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, optimize and troubleshoot injection molding processes using a wide variety of engineered and commodity type resins;
- Trains mold setter/processors and general service (material handlers) on processing techniques, proper operation of machine controls, data capture/storage devices, printers, dryers, thermolators, robotics, and other auxiliary equipment, recommends equipment and materials to improve mold changeover times;
- Reviews cycle times, scrap rates, counts and optimizing processes for each press running;
- Conducts new mold qualification and pilot run to establish effective and optimum processes;
- Interface with the Process Engineer, Tooling/Production specialist, and Molding Manager to achieve processing requirements;
- Identifies tooling related issues found during process start-ups or adjustments and communicates them to the department manager, processing engineer, or mold repair person;
- Reviews work performed by mold setter/processors on a daily basis and instructs mold setter/processors on how to be more efficient;
- Assists with maintaining and updating all required departmental records per SOP and defined ISO requirements, ensures all paperwork related to mold set-ups, pullouts and start-ups are properly completed and passed on to the department manager in a timely manner, ensures proper shop order paperwork is issued to various work stations on the production floor.
- Functions as shift foreman, supervising shift in foreman's absence on any shift as required;
- Organizes, catalogs processing information stored on diskettes, CDs, flash memory sticks, and M-cards;
- Functions as the technical lead for identifying replacement gas assist related components;
- Performs and is responsible for other duties and functions as delegated, directed, and necessary.
Education: High School education or higher.
Knowledge: Must have vast knowledge of mold set-ups, hookups, injection molding machine controls, start-ups, gas assist in an injection molding facility. Must have knowledge of engineering resins. A working knowledge of injection molding equipment, mold operations, mold set-ups, plastic resins, and mixing procedures including math and measurement techniques/equipment. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing (working human relations skills)
Independent Judgment: Constant. Performs duties with little supervision, regularly makes independent judgments. Must make independent decisions when required as to equipment, production and people problems. Job requires leadership abilities.
Quality: Follow regulatory, company, and departmental procedures implicitly. In the execution of the job function, the Process Technician must focus on the quality aspect of all activities. Each assigned activity has at least an indirect, if not direct, impact on the profitability of the department. Doing the job right the first time and in a timely manner is important to meeting management expectations. The Process Technician is responsible for the quality output of the molding presses. It should always be goal to achieve zero defects on each job. Material loss on start-ups as well as production rejects must be minimized at all times. Quality product delivered to the customer is the number one priority.
Routinely lifts 25 lbs. or more. Occasionally requires lifting of heavy items, job requires being on feet most of the shift, bends twists, stoops, walks, lifts and extensively uses hands, wrists, and shoulders, legs, waist and back; uses hand/eye coordination to remove mold, and operate a tow motor, has to work with and around heat and dusts, must be able to climb and work effectively at heights, in tight places and uncomfortable positions. Must be able to exert enough pressure to tighten mold bolts, connections and hook-ups.
Ratchets, knife(s), screwdriver, hammer, wrenches, pry bars, molds, cans/drums, mixing tumblers, parts scale, staple machine, mills, bolts, clippers, pliers, sanders, funnels, channel locks, overhead crane, paper, markers, pencils, written policies and procedures, labor contract, conveyor ramps, automatic floor sweepers, brushes, vacuum loaders, tow motors, tape machines, band machines, truck docks, propane tanks, vacuums, brooms, locks and tagouts, absorbents, rags, gloves, dust masks, glasses/goggles, ladders, personal computer, network, ERP system, calculators, and micrometers.
Must be in attendance on a regular, full time basis and conform to all Company Attendance Policies. Due to the leadership and directional nature of this position, attendance is of the utmost importance. The Process Technician must be available and willing to work other shifts and work overtime (including weekends) as necessary/required.
All Candidates must pass a PrideStaff background check and drug screen, and must provide two professional job references.
Staffing Done Right!
PrideStaff has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment now, but you are not temporary to us! We want to be your life-long talent agent.
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don't make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find a job that fit me"
“Without them I wouldn't have the position I have now"
Work with an agency committed to being your long term partner in staffing.
Work with PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit: #removed#/akron for a list of this job and many others.
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment, but you are not temporary to us!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Role: Process Technician - Molding
Apply for this job now.