Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology and the Associate Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for ensuring the optimum performance, integrity and availability of enterprise databases and assists in the installation, maintenance, support and monitoring of enterprise applications used throughout the University. Proficient with the administration of database management system (DBMS) software, including Relational DBMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Primary responsibility for the support of the enterprise MS-SQL databases. Provides operational database services, databases optimization and troubleshooting.
· Provides high level support for all enterprise applications: Includes operational support, database creation and backup operations.
· Assists the Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst to effectively support university wide Reporting capabilities.
· Serves as the liaison between the Enterprise Applications team and the CapIT System Administrators on matters dealing with database security, application services and network monitoring systems.
· Assists in the evaluation, implementation and configuration of new applications for the institution.
· Works with enterprise application vendors to help troubleshoot and resolve application problems.
· Support batch processing requirements, to include other integration and data exchange requirements associated with enterprise applications.
· 3+ years of increasingly responsible, hands-on technical experience with MS-SQL administration
· Exposure to information management, and/or DBA design experience
· Demonstrated experience with a MS SQL DBMS and related applications
· Understanding of project management methodologies
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
· Bachelor’s degree from a college or university
· Working knowledge of Ellucian’s Colleague ERP) or any educational-based ERP system
· 5 years related experience
· Fair understanding of multi-dimensional data models
· Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written)
Role: Applications Support Analyst and Jr. MS-SQL DBA
Apply for this job now.