We are looking for a mechanic/machine operator who has experience fixing the lines when it breaks down or needs a quick fix. If you are a mechanic by trade, this is for you. The location does not need a full time mechanic so to keep you busy, we are having you be one of our machine operators. We need someone who has experience working on scales and other food manufacturing machines. This position is in our peanut facility.
Henry Broch and Company : We are a global ingredients supplier, co-packer and manufacturer of food ingredients. We focus on spices, snack foods, essential oils and bakery items. We are a fast growing company and we know that we are not able to meet our yearly objectives without employing good, dedicated, goal oriented and career driven individuals. Join an awesome group of individuals and help make our teams better! We maintain BRC A rated manufacturing facilities which service the top 100 food manufacturers and restaurant chains worldwide.
Summary : Responsible for performing processing work in production department. Starts, operates, tends, stops, and cleans machines. Assembles finished product. Inspects product to ensure high quality. We are looking for machine operators on both shifts.
Maintenance/Mechanic is responsible for all maintenance functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations: manufacturing, utility services, boilers, refrigeration, compressed air, electrical services, and building maintenance.
Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
Bilingual is a plus.
Must be able to complete accurate reports by calculating math and correctly reading the labels and information.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Mechanic Responsibilities
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM's, changeovers, etc.).Perform I/O check out, start-up, and commissioning on-site. Works with production line installations.
- Assists in the machinery fabrication shop to develop and retrofit control systems for packaging machinery.
- Must be willing to enthusiastically engage in assignments and take ownership in the work that is performed.
- Assists with new line instillations, and new project start ups
- Experience working on scales
- Work on the equipment as needed to limit downtown on the lines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Machine Operator
- Set up/Start up and stop of equipment.
- Assist with production line in factories.
- Clean production area.
- Sweep, mop, and remove debris.
- Load and unload items from machines, pallets and totes.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids.
- Pull damaged or ineffective equipment off the line and notify supervisor for repair.
- Place products on conveyor belt for further processing.
- Remove product and machine attachments.
- Scrape waste material from machine.
- Read and interpret gauges.
- Record data.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Monitor product run through X-ray machine
- Coordinate daily production activities to meet business objectives.
- Champion communication with other departments to ensure support for successful operations.
- Support employees by coaching mentoring and resolving mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity, job capabilities and equipment capabilities.
- Ensure compliance of GMP's, QC and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Flexible to vary work shifts dependent upon production and staffing needs.
- Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility
- Support BRC by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
We are a global ingredients supplier, Co-Packer and Manufacturer of food ingredients. We focus on spices, snack foods, essential oils and bakery items. We are a fast growing company and we know that we are not able to meet our yearly objectives without employing good, dedicated, goal oriented and career driven individuals. Join an awesome group of individuals and help make our teams better! We maintain BRC A rated manufacturing facilities which service the top 100 food manufacturers and restaurant chains world wide.
Role: Mechanic/Machine Operator for food manufacturing
Apply for this job now.