Established in 1978, United Scrap Metal (“USM”) has grown from $200 and a rental truck into one of the largest full-service recyclers in the country. Today, the USM team continues to pioneer innovative, solutions-driven recycling programs through ethical and sustainable practices, which have earned them both acclaim and recognition amongst industry partners. With 400+ team members across 6 locations nationally, the company’s commitment to excellence is reflected in its award-winning history, as well as an outstanding client retention rate across thousands of customers throughout North America. Equally as important, is the expansion of the team’s focus on philanthropy, sustainability, diversity and carrying out our corporate mission: making a positive impact on the lives of others. USM is proud to make a difference for its customers, partners, team members, communities and the planet as it continues to drive its expansion forward for the next forty years and beyond.
USM is looking for purpose driven individuals who seek to utilize their unique traits and attributes to make a positive impact on the company and further our mission. Team members at United are driven to achieve results and are tenacious in the face of challenges. They are humble and intellectually curious, seeking the ability to roll up their sleeves and “get their hands dirty” to solve complex problems while maintaining the motivation to develop both personally and professionally. Lastly, collaboration is vital to our business and line of work; therefore, our team members must be able to communicate and build relationships with multiple cross functional departments across the organization.
A Sales Associate will be part of the United Scrap Metal ‘Gold Program’. A 12-month on-the-job training program that prepares team members for success within the Sales Department. Reporting to the National Director of Account Management, the Sales Associate works alongside the sales team, offering support where necessary. He/She will be introduced to mentors who will guide them through their experience, offering support and direction. Working along with mentors and other experienced team members, Associates will support day-to-day tasks, ensuring deadlines are met, and customer needs are satisfied. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, highly driven, and eager to learn. This individual will play a key role within the overall sales department, depending on progression, aptitude, and available opportunities, managers will help suggest the ideal sales career track to pursue in either New Business Development or Account Management. In New Business Development, candidates show an eagerness to prospect potential new customers and in a fast-past environment can build strong relationships quickly. In Account Management candidates thrive at maintaining relationships and understand the importance for attention to the details. Both tracks offer tremendous learning and growth opportunities, as well as opportunities for advancement within the organization. After approximately two years, candidates must be willing and able to relocate.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Works closely with Account Management, New Business Development, and Customer Excellence teams.
· Offers support to assigned Account Managers and New Business Development team members on paperwork, customer visits, customer tours, sales related projects, and other duties as assigned.
· Understands pricing strategy to ensure account profitability is aligned with company goals
· Answer daily/weekly pricing calls
· Develop an understanding of each facet of USM’s services
· Utilize CRM (Salesforce) to provide details on customers
· Use of inventory management tool (Shared Logic) to view and provide details on loads
· Timely completion of assignments aligned with strong presentation skills to provide accurate information to team members or customers
· Team oriented
· Highly driven with an eagerness to learn
· Effective communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Technology proficiency
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Strong presentation skills
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college preferred
Minimum Safety Training Requirements
· Basic on-the-job training that satisfies the Primary Objectives of the specific position (as noted above)
· US-SOP-01 United in Safety Manual
· US-F11 QEH&S Policy
· US-SOP-03 Team Member Handbook
At United Scrap Metal (USM), our mission is to provide our clients the liability protection and peace of mind they deserve by offering innovative, solutions-driven recycling programs. Established in 1978 as an independent, privately held scrap metal recycler, USM has grown to become one of the largest and fastest growing full-service recyclers in the country. We’re proud to make a difference to our clients and local communities by providing award-winning, ethical and sustainable programs that preserve the Earth’s most precious resources.
Role: Sales Associate - Recent College Graduates
Apply for this job now.