Shackelford Construction and Hauling, LLC is a family owned construction company founded in 2010. Our company specializes in dirt work/civil construction in the industrial markets. We are headquartered in Mississippi and recently opened an office in Houston, TX. We operate all over the country, but focus our energy in the south and southwest. We are seeking a Project Coordinator / Estimator to join our team and help expand the Houston office. You will be working closely with a project manager and report directly to the area manager. You will essentially be assisting project managers and learning to estimate construction projects. We all take on multiple job functions depending on the needs of the company, so we are looking for someone that is willing to pitch in beyond their job title.
- Assist in planning and implementing large construction projects
- Produce and update project schedules
- Track costs and gather information necessary to forecast project costs
- Learn equipment GPS and set up project layout
- Gather information used for understanding production to be used on future projects
- Locate new vendors and maintain relationships with current vendors
- Order material, rental equipment, and subcontractors
- Evaluate new strategies and procedures
- Assist in ensuring deadlines and cost targets are met
- Maintain required project documentation including submittals
- Be willing to learn how to operate equipment
- Be willing to take on responsibilities below the project title as needed
- Previous experience in construction
- Ability to make important decisions with incomplete information and in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to run very quick cost benefit analysis
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including ability to write and manipulate Excel formulas
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience with MS Project or other scheduling software a plus
- Four year degree in construction management, business management, or engineering
- You can expect to be out of the office 30% to 40% of the week to visit project sites, start projects, and attend meetings. Some of this time will be spent in hotels. All travel expenses are paid by the company
- This may become an hourly position
Shackelford Construction and Hauling, LLC is a privately owned civil contractor specializing in earthwork, site preparation, drainage, grading, excavation, grubbing, clearing, and demolition. Our headquarters in in Yazoo City, MS and we operate an office in La Porte, TX. We have been in business since 2010 and have seen rapid growth year over year.
We have one of the best safety records in the industry and strive for continuous improvement in this area.
We work on projects throughout the US, but the bulk of are projects are spread throughout the southern and southwestern states.
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Role: Construction Project Coordinator / Estimator
Location: La Porte,
Apply for this job now.