Serving Hawaii since 1947, we are seeking Full Time or Part-Time Take-Out Counter Staff in Kaka'ako to become an integral part of our team! You will interact with our take-out customers and delivery companies, and help with food expediting. We are looking for individuals who thrive by interacting with and delighting our customers and who also know & love our 'ono food and Hawaiian culture. Typically, employees that enter in this position move to waitstaff as you will be trained in all parts of Front of House operations.
- Be the point of contact for take-out and delivery customers
- Explain to guests about menu items
- Enter and quality check customers' orders
- Greet and make all guests feel welcome at the restaurant
- Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
- Perform other restaurant duties as assigned
- Previous experience in customer service, food service, or other related fields preferred
- Ability to build rapport with guests and pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
In addition to take-out clerks, we also need qualified individuals for Part Time positions as Runner, Host(ess), & Expo. Part-time positions offered can lead to full time and or supervisory roles.
RUNNER- We are looking for individuals who thrive by interacting with and delighting our customers and who also know & love our 'ono food and Hawaiian culture.
HOST(ESS) - You will meet and greet the customers, manage the guest seating, keep the tables and chairs organized and the dining room area neat and tidy.
CASHIER - You must be good with numbers, work with our Wait Staff, and also help with Front Of House Operations
EXPO - you manage the flow of orders into and out of the kitchen to make sure our guests receive their food on-time, accurately & well presented.
Qualified applicants must be a team player, reliable, professional, punctual, have a great attitude, and be able to multi-task in a fast pace, fun and exciting environment. Previous restaurant experience helpful, but not required. Successful interview candidates will need to pass a mandatory drug screening test before a permanent job offer is extended. Successful applicants will start by learning our take-out and delivery business and take a role as being the kitchen expediter, before going solo as a waitstaff.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner shift work
- Restaurant Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM, Fri-Sat 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM, Sun 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Salary: starting at $10.10/hr + $tips (tipped positions net double or treble your hourly rate) and participation in Front of House Tip Pool.
We operate a Tip sharing system for other non-tipped Front of House employees which adds $2-6 per hour to your base rate of $10.10.
Other benefits include:
- Employee Meals
- Employee Discount
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (for Full-time employees)
- Paid Time Off (for Full-time employees)
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan (for Full-time employees)
Highway Inn is Oahu's largest traditional Hawaiian Food Restaurant. We have three locations on Oahu. We have won multiple Hale 'Aina awards, been on the Food Network, and appeared in innumerable documentaries and magazines. #removed#/media. Our café location is at the world famous Bishop Museum
Role: Take-Out Clerk Full Time or Part Time
Apply for this job now.