The City of Aiken is accepting applications for Engineering & Utilities Director. Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing Engineering & Utilities Department.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees project management of streets and sidewalks construction; storm water; sanitary sewer industrial parks and green spaces
- Ensures compliance of permits and licenses with all federal and state regulations/laws and City ordinances
- Supervises professional, technical, and clerical personnel including staff development
- Monitors daily operations of the City's infrastructure
- Directs Geographic Information System mapping & data collection services
- Budgetary reporting and preparation
- Implements new policies and procedures as needed
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or an approved educational equivalence in accordance with the requirements as set forth by South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations (SCLLR) Board of Registration for Professional Engineers
- Supervisory Experience
- Professional Engineer's license strongly desired
- knowledge or project management principles
- Excellent managerial and communication skills
The City of Aiken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Role: Engineering & Utilities Director
Apply for this job now.