Required Skills and Experience
- Mechanical experience of 5-7 years troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing all types of construction equipment preferred
- Possess an appropriate tool set for the position
- Experience in Electrical, Hydraulic, and Diesel Engine preferred
- Tractor/trailer air brake systems very helpful
- Welding and fabrication is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Current medical card
- Excellent communication abilities
- Fluency in the English language
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90 pounds
- Frequent exposure to the elements
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on various types of heavy construction equipment
- Able to work a rotating on-call weekend schedule
- Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment readiness
DelHur Industries is headquartered in Port Angeles, Washington and performs work in 17 western states. Our customers are diverse and include public and private businesses in Mining, Energy, Transportation, Water Resource, Nuclear, and Environmental sectors.
Since its inception in 1966, DelHur Industries has grown from a small local contractor to an industry leader in heavy civil and industrial site construction. Whether it's turn-key mine site development or constructing a landfill facility for low-level radioactive waste, DelHur has the equipment, the experience, and the qualified personnel to get the job done safely and efficiently.
DelHur is committed to the success of every project we undertake. This commitment starts with our leadership and flows down through our skilled labor force. The owners of DelHur are hands-on active participants in every aspect of our projects, from bidding through contract closeout. DelHur's accountability and straight forward business practices prove to strengthen the trust between ourselves and our clients. The approach DelHur takes in managing its projects often results in value engineering cost and schedule savings for our clients. This approach is also the reason many of our clients come back to request our services time and again.
DelHur Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against its employees or applicants. Equal employment opportunities are provided for all persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. DelHur has a zero tolerance policy against sexual harassment and strives to promote a healthy and positive work environment.
Role: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Apply for this job now.