We are looking for the ideal person to join this wonderful NIGHT SHIFT team. This is a temporary to permanant role for the right person.The very important position will be working in this very busy Factory Kitchen ensuring that all the working equipent is kept clean for all workers to use.
Hours of work: working 4 NIGHTS on, then 4 NIGHTS off- 7am to 7pm- paid weekly- pay £10.88 per hour ++++ Holiday pay- ** NB**Please be aware that this will include some weekend working due to the 4 on 4 off rotation on a weekly basis.
Why is this role IMPORTANT to us?
- You will ensure that mobile equipment and dismantled parts are thoroughly cleaned to the highest standard, using a combination of a 4 stage manual cleaning process & operation of a dishwasher and industrial tin washer. This role is so important as it means that our food processing equipment is always kept hygienically clean, ensuring our products are safe for our customers to eat.
What will you be DOING?
- Cleaning of mobile equipment and dismantled parts, using a 4 stage manual cleaning process
- Operation of industrial tin washer & dishwasher, reporting any defects with machinery or chemical dosing to your supervisor
- Operating excellent clean-as-you-go practices, ensuring your work area is a clean, and safe place to work at all times
- Working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, ensuring that equipment is cleaned and returned to operation as soon as possible
The above list is not exhaustive, and other duties may be required by management from time to time
Every employee, regardless of their position, has the following responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the quality of all product and to highlight any QA concerns to either their line manager or the QA Department
- A legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others, which may be affected by what they do or do not do
What SKILLS or KNOWLEDGE do you need to have?
- Ability to work alone under own initiative
- An eye for detail
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Good communication skills, good level of verbal and written English
You may from time to time be asked to cover some or, all of the duties of the Deep Clean Hygiene Operative role
What VALUESdo we want you to have?
Well, this is an easy one - we all share the same values; these are to Be Brave, Be Kind and Be Smart, and we believe these are so much more than just words. It is essential that all our team members identify with the values and demonstrate these during their day to day work.
Regardless of your role, every member of the Higgidy team has an equal RESPONSIBILITY to:
- Be responsible for the QUALITY of all product and to highlight any quality concerns to either their line manager or the Technical Team.
- Take reasonable care of their own HEALTH & SAFETY and of those around us- We are ALL responsible for health and safety.
- Help us on our journey to becoming a FORCE FOR GOOD. Every member of the team is expected to play their part to identify ways in which you can help us be as responsible a business possible.
We do expect everyone, on occasion, to roll up their sleeves and help out the team - so while this job description details the key duties and responsibilities of your role, it is not exhaustive and so on occasion you may be asked to help us out with any other REASONABLE task.