COMPANY: INTERLINK RECRUITMENT - BUSINESS SUPPORT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £20000 - £24000 per annum
Post: Commercial Property Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant
Based at: Chester Office
Responsible to: Managing Partner
Salary: Up to £24,000
The prime role of the legal assistant is to provide direct support to the Managing Partner and Fee Earners when required. This will include but will not be limited to the main duties and responsibilities given below. As a general indication, work will range from amongst other things assisting with land sales, acquisitions and options for developer clients, portfolio acquisitions and land lord and tenant management work for investor clients, both corporate and private individual. The Legal Secretary/ Legal Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. On occasion, the Legal Assistant will be required to provide assistance to other Fee Earners within the Firm.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Opening files and day to day maintenance in accordance with the department's Risk Management procedures;
- Ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations;
- To assist the Fee Earner under supervision with the following:
- File creation; statement drafting and liaison with clients in respect of the same;
- Generation of suitable client care correspondence;
- Attendance on clients for routine instructions and signing;
- Carrying out searches and dealing with enquires in relation to such searched using Searchflow or directly with the various authorities;
- Using Trace Smart and Companies House Direct to carry out searches including uploading information and saving search results to DMS;
- Using H M Land Registry portal for :
- Downloading official copies, documents and plans and saving to matter number, and carrying out priority; and
- Bankruptcy searches and other pre completion and online applications;
- Collating title bundles, scanning deeds and saving them to the DMS;
- Retrieving and storing deeds following the correct procedures on and off site;
- Dealing with post completion registration and stamp duty land tax formalities;
- Under supervision, preparing invoices, completion statements and statements of account and complete accounts documentation as and when directed by the Fee Earner;
- Proof reading documents;
- Meeting clients in person when they are bringing in ID and ensuring that this is then scanned onto Lawsoft and copied onto the hard file in accordance with the department's risk management procedures;
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book meeting rooms and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Fee Earner;
- Preparing meeting rooms for meetings and to clear the room at the end of the meeting;
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development;
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information;
- Any other duties that are commensurate with job title and salary level.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise different requests and projects.
- Meet deadlines.
- Use initiative.
- High degree of productivity.
- Previous experience within a Commercial Property environment is essential.
- Previous experience within a Legal Secretary role is essential;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, including automatic formatting, numbering and document management and the ability to incorporate styles in documents.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.