Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Altice USA currently seeks a Residential Account Executive for our Sales Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
A seasoned and results-oriented sales professional to act as a strategic negotiator to implement sales strategies aimed at securing community and subdivision relationships to provide service to New Residential properties, maximizing product/service penetration and revenue.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and implements strategic sales presentations to builders of New Homes for the purpose of securing relationships that generate sales in the New Home communities
• Responsible for achieving and exceeding quarterly revenue sales quota across all products, to include: HSD, video, managed Wi/Fi and other products/services
• Interfaces regularly with high level clientele, including but not limited to: Property owners, co-op/condo board members, building managers, developers, sales offices, superintendents, residential customers, etc.
• Establishes consultative relationship with client(s) to understand their needs in order to offer the best products/services.
• Keeps existing and prospective clients informed of current product offerings, services, rates, and promotions on an ongoing basis.
• Work with Sales Supervisors and Sales Leadership to keep up to date with upcoming releases.
• Work with Construction and Tech Ops team to identify any underlying issues and to resolve those for the customers.
• Maintain sales databases necessary to report sales activity, and maintain customer satisfaction.
• Follow up on all leads, inquires, and other messages in a timely manner to provide exceptional customer experience, and escalate issues as necessary
• Coordinate with other internal departments as necessary.
• Attend meetings, networking events, and training sessions as required.
• Ability to make door to door sales on newly activated existing homes.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Three or more years of sales experience exceeding revenue quotas, preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in a Residential Sales environment
• Strong negotiation skills
• Working knowledge of High Speed Internet and fiber connected networks
• Consultative sales experience with a focus on providing solutions
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Must be self-motivated and work efficiently within deadlines
• Ability to adapt communication style and maintain professional poise with all levels of company employees, vendors/service providers, customers and prospective customers
• Engaging communication skills and ability to build rapport with prospects
• Possess a high level of self-motivation and a desire to control personal income
• Enthusiasm to learn out proven and successful sales process
• Flexibility to work non-traditional hours to ensure adequate coverage of sales territory
• Must maintain professional conduct and appearance
• Minimum GED or high school diploma
• College preferred but not required
Related Work Experience
• Recent experience in building relationships with builders, construction managers, superintendents and sales representatives for new home communities
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in cable industry preferred but not required
• Familiarity with operations, marketing or other aspects of the cable industry
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with automated reporting and analysis applications preferred
• Strategic planning and strong problem solving skills
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES
• Valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and a satisfactory driving record within Company required standards and auto insurance.
• Office environment and outdoor environment
• Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, day or night
• Must have willingness to go door to door
• Travel as required may be up to 50% of time. Travel will primarily include day trips with occasional over-night travel required.
• This job requires about 50% of time relationship building and 50% of the time door knocking.