Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Director of Life Enrichment in planning, scheduling and coordinating meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interests of residents and conducive to their physical, mental and social well-being. Help to ensure the activity programs are appropriately presented by staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director of Life Enrichment with scheduling and coordinating all resident activities on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of weekly program contents.
- Assist with gathering information, articles, and photos for newsletter.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events including events for seasonal holidays.
- Assist in planning and conducting arts program, entertainment for special events, monthly birthday parties, group games, weekly religious services and individual independent projects that reflect the “Life Enrichment” activities.
- Assist the Director in maintaining an adequate supply of books, puzzles, magazines and games.
- Assist the Director in training all staff on activity-related programs.
- May be responsible for transporting residents to appointments, as well as regular and special recreational outings.
- Report all program policy/procedures discrepancies to the Director of Life Enrichment.
- The Community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition of employment to practice the LCS Hospitality Promises™ in all interactions with residents, fellow employees, and guests
Wellness Focus: The Community employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Physical activities of the position:
- Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Pushes and pulls up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally (outside activities)
- Talks and listens frequently
- Sits 2 hours per day; stands and walks 6 hours per day (combined) - 8 hour day
- Worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Qualifications and Skills
Education Required (Preferred):
- High school diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience
Years/Months of Experience:
- One year activities/life enrichment experience working with seniors
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
- Knowledge of special needs of residents (physical, mental and social)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe Reader
Special Requirements (if applicable):
- Must possess patience and sensitivity to others needs
- Ability to work with community groups
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours
- May be subject to infectious diseases, substances and contaminated articles
- Doctors statement verifying free from communicable disease
- Must possess current and valid drivers license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed.
- Must possess personal driving record consistent with the requirements of Life Care Services Fleet Safety Policy.
Role: Life Enrichment Activities Team Member
Apply for this job now.