Our client is a leading housing organisation within the community, they are seeking an addition to their team due to internal promotions. The Income Collection Advisor role will be contacting individuals who have fallen behind on payments: former tenants, housing arrears etc. As an Income Collection Advisor you will be working in a small team to ensure that monies are recovered whilst maintaining a positive customer ethos.
- Assist in the proactive management of current rent arrears and other debts owed to the Company in a specified work or geographical area.
- Regularly review actions in respect of any debts owed to the Company in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures up to Notice stage for current rent arrears and application for County Court Judgement for other debts.
- Adopt a clear and assertive approach to the management of debts owed to the Company by contacting customers (including outside normal working hours) by telephone, text, email or letter to prevent debts escalating.
- Take a firm but fair approach to interviewing and corresponding with customers who owe money to the Company and agree appropriate repayments.
- Provide accurate information, advice and solutions regarding welfare reforms to affected customers
- Ideally the client is seeking someone with housing arrears collections experience
- If not previous experience within Housing then a strong credit controller/debt collection experience
- A strong communicator
- Good negotiation skills
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Credit Control, Housing arrears Officer, Housing Association rent arrears officer,
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm (37 hours flexi time)
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Role: Income Collection Advisor
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Newcastle, Staffordshire, West Midlands
Apply for this job now.