Our consumer goods client in Atlanta is adding a VP of Manufacturing to their team due to recent incredible growth. This role will report to the COO and be responsible for production operations that run 24/7, employ over 600 people, and manufacture 300 different products daily. The VP of Manufacturing will play an important role in shaping the future of the company. Strong benefits, compensation package (up to $200k base) and bonus potential.
VP of Manufacturing Responsibilities:
- Focus manufacturing on delivering a high level of customer service by meeting production schedules and production targets.
- Develop a culture of rapid machine set up and changeovers in order to maintain high output while changing production lines over every few hours.
- Work with the maintenance manager to refine preventative maintenance programs and parts inventories to increase machine output per labor hour.
- Expand training programs throughout manufacturing to increase employee knowledge of machine operations in order to improve efficiency. Develop a structured cross-training program to increase the flexibility of our employees.
- Use KPI's to measure labor variances to standard and aggressively manage labor variances.
- Work with engineering to develop processes and acquire equipment that improves efficiency.
- Develop a cost conscious culture throughout manufacturing.
- Assist in developing safety training programs covering machines and operations throughout the plant.
- Take input from multiple QC checks to get to the root cause of problems for quality deficiencies. Develop processes to reduce defects and improve product quality.
- Work with all managers to set goals and objectives that will improve the efficiency, productivity and safety of the plant.
- Bachelor's Degree and 20+ years of manufacturing experience in a high SKU (25,000) consumer products company.
- Proven record of improving efficiency, reducing costs and installing a safety culture.
- Experience in managing ISO compliant processes and organizations.
- Extensive use of data for monitoring and managing all aspects of manufacturing operations.
- Strong willingness to get on the production floor and work with managers and employees to solve problems and improve output and quality.
- Strong organizational, project management and presentation skills to interact with all levels within the organization as well as suppliers.