American Cruise Lines, the largest cruise line in the United States, is looking to add a large number of servers to our shipboard team as we gear up for the busiest part of our operating season on America’s rivers. Our shipboard team supports a combined fleet of ships sailing through various different itineraries across the nation from contemporary riverboats to paddlewheel queens for a steamboat experience. We are seeking candidates who are interested employment in hospitality and tourism.
This position does not require any previous experience and you will be provided with training before getting aboard the ship. If you are someone who is committed to great guest satisfaction in a fast paced, high energy, and fun environment then we would love for you to join our team.
Operating on a luxury cruise line, it is imperative to make sure that our guests’ needs are placed as a top priority. A typical day within this role includes responsibilities such as preparing for a seated meal service, assisting during onboard events, and serving our chef-inspired award winning meals with a smile. You will also set up and break down dining room and service stations for all meals and be involved in further training programs onboard.
- Teamwork is extremely valued and you MUST be able to work well with others
- Multi-course seated meal service sections
- Attentive service for our cocktail hours
- The ability to perform dining room set-up, restock, and clean up during each shift.
- Capability to keep up with the fast-paced environment to give efficient and timely service
- Take pride in personal grooming and how you present yourself to others
- You are at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
- You are an American citizen or legally permitted to work in the United States.
- You have to be willing to work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 16 consecutive weeks.
- The US Coast Guard requires a pre-employment drug test that includes tests for marijuana. We are also an alcohol free company.
- You are able to meet moderate physical demands, including lifting, bending, climbing, and long periods of standing or walking.
- Calm under pressure and positive attitude.
- Earn Money – Pay ranges from $700 to $900 per week.
- Minimal Expenses – your living expenses are all covered while onboard. It’s a dormitory-style environment.
- Travel the Country - We visit 30 states on our different cruises and travel through the most beautiful areas in our country.
- Hospitality Experience – This is a strong foundation for a career in the hospitality industry and a way to build your resume.
- Upward Mobility – After your rotation, you may apply for full time roles in either shipboard management or corporate positions.
American Cruise Lines has 10 ships throughout our fleet, which cruise various different regions of the United States. Our American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary décor and styling unlike anything else in the U.S. We have additional ships on both the East Coast and in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. Discover why American Cruise Lines is the leading (and fastest growing) cruise line today!
Please apply on our careers page https://careers2-acl.icims.com/jobs/1633/waitstaff--server---shipboard/job
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist.
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.
Role: Waitstaff/Server - Shipboard
Apply for this job now.