We are currently seeking a Senior Machine Operator for our client, a well-respected manufacturer in King's Lynn. In this clean non-food environment, you would be supporting the Team Leader and operators in a specific area of the factory. You will assist the Team Leader by training staff, record keeping, monitoring for efficient running, KPI's and planning.
This position's shift is 6 am until 2 pm Monday to Friday and offers a generous 26 days plus bank holidays for annual leave.
For this Senior Machine Operator role, you would need to have experience in operating, setting and adjusting manufacturing machines. A mechanical mindset is essential as you will receive training on each machine, enabling you to perform low-level maintenance, diagnose and fix mechanical issues and liaise with the engineering team. You will be the first line of support and go-to person for the operatives in your area.
Management, supervisory or Team Leader experience would be advantageous as you will oversee the area and staff, so you need to be able to communicate and motivate effectively. Alongside the Team Leader, Production Manager, and engineering team, you would use your expertise to help design and implement process improvements.
As a Lead Senior Machine Operator, your duties would include;
- Supporting the operators with any technical issues
- Setting up, adjusting and repairing machinery.
- Supporting the Team Leader with planning and monitoring.
- Training and supervising staff.
- Set up and maintain a KanBan system for equipment spares.
- Following improvement projects to conclusion.
The ideal Senior Machine Operator would have;
- Experience in Manufacturing Machinery.
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude.
- Good communication, planning and recording skills.
- PC/Internet and Microsoft skills.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- The ability to work unsupervised
In return, you will receive an hourly rate of £11.01 (£21,469) and 26 days leave plus bank holidays. Your working times will be from 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday a 37.5 hour week. You will need to be flexible with your working hours so occasional holidays, absences and continuous improvement projects can be covered.