Company: CRANLEIGH SCIENTIFIC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Salary negotiable
A market-leading chemical development business based in Basingstoke is currently recruiting for a Senior Development Chemist (Inorganic) on a permanent basis. As Senior Development Chemist, you will play a vital role in managing/performing R&D operations whilst implementing and maintaining a continuous improvement culture.
Senior Development Chemist responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for all R&D matters and provide technical support to the company on such R&D issues.
- Performs and manages R&D projects while coordinating with production and engineering teams for the timely running of diverse trials and experiments.
- Providing support, guidance, and training to members of the R&D team.
- Interpret, summarise and present results from literature search and/or R&D experiments to management and/or project teams with the aim to lead or influence the development process.
- Pursue improvements of our overall company technical knowledge by staying current with advances in inorganic chemistry but more importantly with developments in Lithium chemistry.
- Routinely participate and contribute to the drive for change to ensure that industry standards and best practices are applied to improve company operations.
- Identify techniques and technology tools needed to improve the manufacturing process and new product development.
- Participate in interdisciplinary projects involving Production, Product Development, Quality, Regulatory, Finance, and Business Development.
- Responsible for coordinating with production, warehouse, and engineering to ensure that scale-up trials are delivered as agreed and on schedule.
Senior Development Chemist requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Proven experience operating within an industrial R&D laboratory - working with inorganic chemicals/materials.
- Excellent communication, management & leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills. Possesses the ability to write clear and concise technical reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of office software (i.e., word, excel and power point).
Senior Development Chemist/Inorganic/Chemistry/Chemicals/R&D