Do you want to impact patient lives by joining a successful healthcare company? Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Medical Assistant-Certified or Registered
- Medical Assistant is responsible for Performing clinical and administrative medical assistant duties as directed
- Prepare patients and rooms for physician examination and procedures
- Medical Assistant must obtain patient vital signs, medical history, and chief complaints
- Medical Assistant is responsible for performing phlebotomy, injections, EKG, urinalysis, laboratory work, immunizations, biometrics, autoclaving, tray set up, suture removal, etc.
- Medical Assistant aids physicians in examinations and physicals
- Register patients for hospital and physician clinic services
- Schedule patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
- Medical Assistant is responsible for verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
- Update patient charts, records, and accounts with clinical and billing data
- Provide superior high volume patient customer service in a fast paced environment
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point), medical software, and type 40+WPM
- Medical Assistant must have 1+ years' experience performing clinical and administrative medical assistant duties
- Medical Assistant Accreditation: Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, or Registered Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Education Program Completion (Medical Assistant Diploma, Associates Degree in Medical Assisting, etc.)
- Previous experience rooming patients and assisting physicians with examinations and procedures
- Previous experience obtaining patient vital signs, medical history, and chief complaints
- Previous experience performing phlebotomy, injections, EKG, urinalysis, laboratory work, immunizations, biometrics, etc.
- Medical Assistant must have previous experience registering patients for hospital and physician clinic services in a healthcare setting
- Previous experience scheduling patient examination, procedure, and surgery appointments for hospitals and physician clinics
- Previous experience verifying patient insurance benefit coverage via phone and online insurance payer portals
- Medical Assistant must have previous experience updating patient charts, records, and accounts with clinical and billing data
- Previous high volume in person and phone patient customer service in a fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power Point) & electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Ability to type 40+WPM required (alphanumeric & 10-key typing)
Why choose Addison Healthcare?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries for you using the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and you are eligible for bonuses
- Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits AND 401K match
- Permanent Employment: The majority of Addison Healthcare job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You are connected directly with hiring managers from hospitals, physician groups, and healthcare consulting companies
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
- Urgency: Your level of urgency to find your next career matches our level of urgency
The Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC.
Named a “Top 50” Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero's Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth—each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere—Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
Role: Medical Assistant
Apply for this job now.