My client is leading privately owned civil engineering contractor, based near Glasgow with a long history in the Scottish market and a reputation for excellence. Working across several specialisms including water, power, roads, marine, bridges the business is a real specialist.
Due to major long term framework wins and succession planning we are seeking a civils estimator to join the estimating team that will sit within the pre construction function. The estimator will report to the pre construction manager working alongside a tight knit team. With continued growth in workload for the long term and a need for succession planning due to impending retirements near future opportunity for progression will be on the cards.
The Estimator will need to demonstrate the following as a minimum:
* HND / Degree or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
* Min 3 years Specific Civils Estimating Experience
* Ability to price from first principles
* Strong technical knowledge within relevant projects (
* Ability to manage own workload to produce accurate information
* Experience of pricing in house labour / plant as well as sub contractor packages
* Working experience of Conquest Software
* Full UK Driving License
The successful candidate will benefit from a generous remuneration in line with experience and level.
To discuss in detail please get in touch
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.