Sales Manager - Richmond, VA
We are seeking a high energy Sales Manager to recruit, select, train and motivate a team of sales professionals to achieve sales quotas and corporate revenue goals. Candidates must have the ability to provide the team with support and leadership and drive sales & growth through new and existing accounts with Fortune 1000 companies. This position will be focused on the US market.
The ideal candidate will have a hunter mentality, consultative selling approach, strong presentation skills and be a team player. We have created an environment that fosters performance recognition and career growth so we are searching for hard-working, results oriented, individuals with high integrity, and a desire to be part of a rapidly expanding technology company.
The Sales Manager leads, supervises, and mentors a team of salespeople. He/she delegates job duties to their sales team and sets clear expectations and goals. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Manager include creating a sales plan, setting quotas for salespeople, assigning target markets, training new salespeople and measuring results. The Sales Manager will also prepare regular reports on sales figures for upper management. The Sales Manager represents the entire range of Company products, (VulnDB, CRA and YourCISO), The Sales Manager will establish and execute plans to achieve sales and revenue targets based on market, or product. The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving salespeople recruitment objectives, sales targets, and profitability goals. The Sales Manager reports to the CEO.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with sales representatives to review activity and facilitate business development.
- Respond to daily questions and concerns regarding job-related duties.
- Assist sales representatives with creating strategic and competitive sales proposals.
- Attend appointments with sales representatives to provide guidance and information.
- Ensure the sales team fully utilize the Company’s CRM tools and marketing strategies to maintain and measure the business pipeline (i.e., prospecting, qualifying, POC and closing sales).
- Track and monitor sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Recruit, select, train and evaluate personnel on a consistent basis.
- Conduct or arrange ongoing training in sales effectiveness, product knowledge and industry trends.
- Listen to and resolve customer questions and complaints regarding services, products or personnel.
- Strategize with sales representatives on various sales opportunities.
- Motivate sales representatives to attain personal and professional goals.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the sales development team.
- Manage day to day activities of sales representatives including live coaching and mentoring, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build.
- Establish documented sales process.
- Conduct full product demos of both VulnDB and CRA.
- Coordinate the involvement of Company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet sales objectives.
- Proactively lead a sales planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated.
- Manage potential sales representative conflict by fostering excellent communications internally and externally.
- Manage sales representative deal registration in BASE and sales pipeline in coordination with internal sales leadership.
- Train sales representatives to qualify target accounts and opportunities that will lead to successful POC (Proof of Concept) product evaluations.
- Work with marketing to develop training materials, videos, presentations and train sales representatives on how to effectively sell Company products.
- Terminate poor performing sales representatives.
What You Must Bring to the Position:
- 5 + years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining, and developing individuals and teams.
- Successful track record selling products and services to C-level management;
- Ability to quickly gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and technologies, competitors, and industry trends.
- Proficient in CRM systems (i.e., Salesforce, BASE etc.)
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization
- Natural leader - you have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Data driven - you are driven by numbers and constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business
- A team player - you inspire others around you and build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills
- Experience managing sales teams, particularly in the information security market;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Must be results oriented, have high integrity, and a desire to be part of a rapidly expanding technology company;
- Organization skills and the discipline to work remotely as well as office-based teaming;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, to prioritize effectively to think big picture, and to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and good presentation/teaching skills; and
- Ability to travel to conferences
What we would prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- History selling security solutions;
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies;
- Existing relationships with Fortune 1000 companies
1. Meet sales quotas.
2. Meet assigned targets for profitability and revenue.
3. Produce quarterly sales performance tracking reports.
4. Proactively assess, clarify, and validate sales pipeline on an ongoing basis.
5. Produce recommendations for updates to training materials, videos and presentations based on product enhancements.
1. Reports to the CEO
2. Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, client support resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
3. Closely coordinates Company executive involvement with license agreement negotiation and management as appropriate.
4. Works closely with Director of Business Operations and Partnership management.
5. Works with Client Success Management to ensure end-user satisfaction and problem resolution.
1. Pricing negotiation.
2. Agreement terms and conditions.
3. Client Success Management (End-user support)
Base pay with commission based on achieving goals and sales and profitability targets
Role: Sales Manager
Apply for this job now.