Our Client, based just outside of Ely, is looking for a Customer Service Operative to join their team and assist the supervisor in the daily operational functions of the Customer Service department. Your main responsibilities will be processing data in a timely manner to meet customer expectations and to support operational activities providing effective communication to customers, the team and other personnel.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor and Manager to deliver all aspects of Customer Service to the required standards.
- Work as part of a team ensuring operational performance targets, objectives and goals are achieved.
- Adhere to all company stock control procedures and perform all required stock adjustments in a timely manner.
- Process/produce documentation accurately and in the agreed manner for each customer satisfying all agreed time constraints.
- Distribute all documentation to the appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately input customer data using all applicable systems (manual or computerised) in order to maintain accurate stock records.
- Investigate and reconcile reported stock discrepancies, escalating where appropriate.
- Receive customer queries and resolve by liaising with other departments in an efficient and timely manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor to produce corrective action plans in cases of system non - conformance and where appropriate initiate remedial action.
- Maintain adequate and accurate records that are necessary to support the information needs of the business; specifically Customers, Finance and Operations.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor to produce daily, weekly and monthly KPI's as required for each customer in a timely manner.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor to raise accurate invoices within the required timeframes, in the agreed format for each customer.
- Perform general office administrative duties as and when required.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor in covering the reception and weighbridge area (where applicable) in the absence of the full-time member of staff.
- Assist the Customer Service Supervisor in managing the internal systema specifically; ISO9000 and 14001 (where applicable).
- Adhere to all Health & Safety processes, assisting the Customer Service Supervisor in conducting regular checks to identify and minimise any risks.
This is a temporay to permanent role. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a busy admin / office environment with an understanding of stock control. You will also have experience of customer service and good communications skills in person and on the telephone. You will be IT literate, competent with WMS and MS Office, specifically Excel.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm