rand* construction corporation (#removed#) is accepting resumes for the position of Superintendent. The successful candidate should have extensive experience managing large commercial interiors. SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE NEW HIRES
Please apply on our Careers Page:
Superintendent – rand* construction corporation
The Superintendent is responsible for all the field staff on a project and will make sure that projects are built according to plans and specifications. They will supervise work of carpenters, laborers and subcontractors. They are responsible, along with Project Manager for having the material, tools/equipment, information and staff requirements on the jobsite in the proper place in a timely fashion. The Superintendent handles all correspondence and forms required by the rand* office, i.e., daily reports, time sheets, safety reports, accident reports, etc. They will monitor the work being performed, direct the subcontractors and schedule all work according to the requirements of the project schedule. The superintendent effectively utilizes management skills in directing supervision of subcontractors, along with coordinating subcontractor’s activities within the scope of their duties.
· Manage commercial projects up to $10M.
· Coordination and management of all on-site construction activities and subcontractors.
· Manage all scheduling with the building.
· Responsible for leading subcontractors meeting.
· Monitor construction for strict compliance with plans and specifications.
· Minimize change orders through efficient planning and coordination.
· Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with project team regarding changes in work, job conditions and subcontractor relations.
· Maintain accurate daily construction log.
· Develop, maintain and communicate project schedule using Rand’s method of project management.
· Update master schedule as well as develop a three week schedule.
· Schedule and coordinate all inspections.
· Manage and track material and manpower to meet all deadlines.
· Maintain up to date project drawings and as-builts.
· Responsible for timely close-out and punchlist completion.
· Represent rand* in appropriate manner to clients, architects, subcontractors, vendors and building management.
· Leverage business relationships to find new work.
· Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed within the guidelines of OSHA, federal, state, and local laws
Skills and Experience
· High School Diploma required; two years of college preferred.
· Must have 8 years’ experience as lead superintendent on commercial interior, retail or building renovation projects.
· Must be able to read and interpret maps, drawings, prints, schematics and other written instructions.
· Proven track record of client satisfaction and project profitability.
· Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions in English.
· Must be able to practice and comprehend safe work procedures as outlined in the company safety policy handbook.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to speak and/or understand Spanish, preferred.
· Proficient with computers and basic Microsoft Office programs.
· Must possess a valid current driver’s licenses
· Must have a clean drivers record for last three years
· Must have reliable transportation
· Travel may be required.
· Must be able to lift 51 lbs and may occasionally be required to lift/move more than 100 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
· Stand for extended periods of time.
· Climb ladders (all types)
· Must wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses) at all times, and other equipment as needed.
· Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
· Possess good hearing (normal or corrected).
· Work at construction site which may include exposure to heat and cold, loud noises, airborne particles, fumes, risk of electrical shock, and moving mechanical parts.
· OSHA 30
· First Aid
· OSHA Competent Persons Training preferred
rand* construction is an award-winning, woman-owned national commercial contractor that specializes in tenant interiors, building renovations, base building, retail, restaurant and ground-up construction.
Since its inception in 1989, rand*has grown from a small interiors firm to a multi-market construction company offering a wide range of services to national and regional clients. As a premier general contractor, we collaborate with the client and design teams to provide comprehensive services over the full lifecycle of a project, going above and beyond to deliver design-sensitive, cost-efficient build solutions to our clients.
Linda Rabbitt founded rand* in 1989 and actively leads the company as its CEO and Chairman of the Board. Today, we are a privately-owned corporation guided by principals and executives who provide senior level management and direction in our work. The unique organizational structure at rand* fosters an open work environment where employees of all departments and levels are encouraged to be innovative and superior in their delivery.
Role: Superintendent-SIGN ON BONUS - Commercial Interior Construction
Apply for this job now.