TrueNet Communications is currently seeking a full-time, OSP Engineer/Designer to work remotely. Design experience using ARAMIS is required. The typical schedule is M-F during normal business hours with some flexibility dependent upon business needs.
OSP (Outside Plant) Engineer III is responsible for complex design and development of complex outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications and upgrades. This role maintains fiber splice records, network topography records and fiber mapping and as-builts in corporate inventory systems. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Responsible for the complete design of telecommunication distribution projects such as downtown underground projects, new facility projects, highway relocation projects, and other complex rearrangement and equipment related projects.
- Prepare site drawings and construction drawings for various telecommunication facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide guidance and expertise on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and company policies.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the customers in order to work directly with them on complex projects.
- Assist with the coordination of team members on complex projects.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of OSP requirements to prepare and complete permit drawings.
- Interpret codes, standards, requirements, and guidelines to complete assigned projects.
- Interpret engineering drawings and assisting with layout/design engineering work for construction.
- Communicate with management and provide work status updates daily.
- Perform self-check and quality control of work for completeness, accuracy, client standards, and overall presentation.
- Train and mentor OSP engineering team members.
- Represent TrueNet Communications to the community with attention to the highest standard of conduct, appearance, and attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of AT&T, Windstream, CenturyLink, Level 1, FPL FiberNet, or other relevant OSP design experience required.
- Expert level knowledge of Telecommunications industry standards and practices required.
- Experience in OSP design of copper and fiber optic facilities in aerial, underground, and direct buried applications required.
- Proficiency with ARAMIS, OPTI, BSTCAD, Microstation, and/or AutoCAD is required.
- Design experience using ARAMIS is required.
- High level of experience in and understanding of outside plant construction techniques required.
- Ability to read and understand highway/road prints is required.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working in the field and in an office environment.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR