Our client are seeking an existing Senior Ecologist with experience in project management and survey coordination to join their Environment team. Alternatively you will be a well experienced ecologist ready for the step up. The role would ideally be based in our Bedfordshire office but it could also be based in our Birmingham office. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and working on a wide range of projects, and in particular a background in large scale infrastructure projects.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of advanced bat surveys including (but not limited to) trapping and radio tracking, emergence surveys, static sound analysis and thermal imaging. You will be tasked with the coordination of survey data, analysis and reporting which will feed into the updated monitoring strategy for the Natural England bat licence
This role will involve some fieldwork but would primarily be office and coordination based therefore opportunities to join and lead on surveys will be available but are not the main focus of the role.
- Under / postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Holder of Protected Species licences for bats (Level 2 minimum).
- A current CSCS card or equivalent.
- Level 3 or 4 bat licence
- Has been the named ecologist on a mitigation licence for bats within the last three years.
- Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences
- Proven record of supporting clients, developing pragmatic and cost-effective mitigation, and supervising implementation on-site
- Experience of a wide range of data analysis in particular reference to bats
- Experience of supervising works conditional to Protected Species Licences
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant UK wildlife legislation including conservation of protected species
- Sound knowledge of environmental constraints
- Good knowledge of survey methods and construction techniques
- Excellent communication skills, in particular an ability to convey ecological / environmental requirements to contractor teams
- Full UK driver's licence.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer other benefits including:
25 Days Leave, Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
Life Assurance x4
And much more…….