Graduate Secondary Tutor - Secondary Schools Chesterfield
Are you a recent Graduate wishing to pursue a career in Secondary education? Do you have previous experience working with children and young people and would feel confident to tutor students 1-1 or in small groups.
Milk Education are working alongside a cohort of inner-city secondary schools who are looking to appoint Graduates who hold a degree in one of the following subject areas; Maths, English, Science or Humanities.
Your work will involve working within one of the above subject areas departments, both supporting in class and working with small groups of pupils with booster groups and intervention sessions. You must have either previous experience working with English subjects in a secondary school environment, or have a degree (or equivalent) with an English focus.
These positions are ideal for individuals wishing to secure a place on a teacher training programme in the future or progress within education in a non-teaching role. However before doing so you would like to build on your experience in a secondary school by working with a range of pupils including SEND.
- You will work within an assigned department to support the class teacher by providing 1-1/small group tuition based on your relevant subject knowledge.
- You will liaise directly with the subject teacher to identify specific students who require additional support/subject intervention and co-ordinate together to pre plan work.
- You have the opportunity to gain an invaluable insight into the daily running of the school and work with a varying key stages to strengthen knowledge and confidence in the pupils you will support
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across South Yorkshire and Chesterfield. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.