Our client, a leading law firm require a Recruitment Manager to be responsible for managing the Trainee Recruitment and Training Contract programmes in addition to all lateral associate and administration recruitment for the London office. Working in close collaboration with the HR Manager (and team) along with the London Manager group.
Training Contract Programme / Trainee Development
- To manage the training contract programme from on-boarding to qualification, including managing relationship with The University of Law regarding GDL and LPC (including regarding academic performance and attendance of future joiners).
- To arrange future trainee bi-annual maintenance payments.
- Plan and organise bi-annual Trainee dinners (April & October).
- Preparation and submission of formal Training Contracts.
- Managing Trainee registration with SRA.
- To organise Trainee and internal NQ orientation training, in consultation with PD Manager and attend the annual Global Orientation in New York.
- Allocation and monitoring of Trainee Supervisors.
- Manage the 6-month trainee seat rotations.
- Provide feedback on individual trainees for end of seat appraisals.
- Organise annual Trainee induction training for Litigation, Finance and Corporate.
- Ensure trainees fulfil SRA suitability requirements including conducting spot checks on trainee diaries/checklists to ensure they are complying with SRA guidelines.
- Manage the SRA/Law Society registration of trainees completing training contracts (including DBS checks).
- Manage the internal NQ process including preparation of formal offer letters.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the developing Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE) proposal and make recommendations.
- To administer all aspects of the trainee recruitment programme, including scheduling on-campus interviews.
- Attending Law Fairs.
- Monitor the London Recruitment Mailbox and respond to queries/applications as appropriate.
- Manage the RARE recruitment system.
- To manage the Summer Vacation scheme (including organising external training and planning social events).
- Co-ordinate and book travel for recruitment events (eg law fairs and presentations).
- Arrange and participate in trainee interviews for vacation scheme and training contract candidates.
- Track all trainee recruitment activity (vacation scheme, training contracts etc).
- Track and process all trainee recruitment related expenditure such as external advertising, candidate travel expenses and law fair costs.
- To manage marketing literature and maintain the careers website.
Legal and Administration Recruitment
- To work closely with both practice group partners and administration managers to identify and meet recruitment needs across the London office.
- To establish and manage strong relationships with key recruitment consultants for both legal and administrative recruitment.
- To ensure that the most appropriate and cost effective recruitment methods are adopted.
- To manage all aspects of the recruitment process, including liaising with recruitment consultants regarding all legal and administrative vacancies.
- Reviewing candidate details and discussing with partners and admin managers to make selection for interview.
- Schedule and, on occasion, attend interviews.
- Prepare papers for interviews and distribute (including follow up on feedback documents post interview).
- Track and process all recruitment related expenditure such as external advertising and recruitment fees.
- To prepare offers to successful candidates and complete the necessary pre-employment conflict clearance process, including coordinating with the New York office on conflicts, background checks, and offer letters.
- To make arrangements for any U.S. summer associates who spend time in the London office, including visa preparation and work oversight.
- Minimum 3 years' experience within a Recruitment function, ideally within a law firm environment (or professional services).
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and an ability to prioritise.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Behavioural interviewing skills.
- An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to evolve with the position as required.
Role: Recruitment Manager
Job Type: Any
Apply for this job now.