Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
A leader in the Financial Industry for Innovation, Refinitiv continues to look toward new technology to drive our high performance, real-time systems to perform better with the highest uptime available, and a strong focus on our clients.
Data rates in our industry continue to climb, with an expectation that the latency continues to improve. This sophisticated set of requirements requires the best in innovation for handling both real-time data feeds already in the market place, and for our clients who wish to contribute directly to our financial systems.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will get the opportunity to lead architecture and design, software engineering, testing, and maintenance strategies for these high performing systems. You will help to set direction by working with proposition leaders and product owners to identify requirements, explore the technology we need for this, and to schedule project plans that meet delivery.
The right candidate is someone who has excellent leadership and technical skills and is passionate about working on complex and mission-critical systems. This position requires that the candidate be flexible, proficient at multitasking, able to balance client issue investigations with day-to-day development work, and comfortable working in a global setting and collaborating with global teams. Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Work with Product teams to build and analyze requirements
- Lead development teams that are comfortable employing Agile methods of work
- Lead design, development, and testing of software solutions
- Plan and schedule project delivery within agreed timeframes
- Ensure accurate documentation and provide regular updates to stakeholders
- Lead and participate in regular peer reviews
- Provide third-level support to issues raised by clients
- Collaborate with development, product management and client support teams on a global scale
- Engage in continued learning and look for opportunities to use emerging technology to improve solutions
We care about benefits too.
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of working experience in software development projects on Linux and Windows environment
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and object-oriented design
- Adept at software design
- Experience in network programming, multi-thread programming, and cross-platform programming
- Expert level understanding and hands-on experience with C++
- Experience in additional languages such as C#, Java, and Python
- Familiar with Cloud Technology and Machine Learning
- Understanding of test-driven development practices
- Experience with automated testing and DevOps principles
- Ability to work as a team, flexible, proactive, well organized
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including high attention to details
- Devotion to continued learning
- Ability to lead
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Lead Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Saint Louis, OK, OK
Apply for this job now.