The Company and the Role:
The Company is a leading Facilities Management based in Oman and is looking to recruit a Deputy HR Manager who has extensive experience in the catering and hospitality industry and in FMCG and having occupied a similar position in a large-scale operation.
The position is permanent on an open ended contract.
Key Features of the Role:
Responsibilities include onboarding, induction, performance monitoring and confirmation process of the Human Resource Function and handling the whole range of Human Resources activities at a middle level. Specifically:
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Help and develop and implement policies and processes associated with the need for company to operate efficiently.
• Managing performance Appraisal cycle, handling Compensation and benefit issues.
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions managing 15 direct reports. Other duties include employment processing, compensation, payroll, health and welfare benefits, leave periods and employee relations management.
• To ensure that HR processes comply with legislative changes.
• To carry out ad-hoc tasks and / or project work as directed to support senior HR staff and to deliver the company Workforce Strategy. To coach and develop the HR staff to grow their HR skills, provide career opportunities and identify succession opportunities. Preparing the employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; schedules management conferences with employees; hears and resolve employee grievances; counsels' employees and supervisors in consultation with HR Manager and Line Managers
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource government requirements
• To co-ordinate with approved overseas recruitment agencies staff recruitment arrangement, related employment details, advertisement and proposed interview dates.
• To lead overseas staff recruitment trips, provide assistance as required, follow up and obtain selected candidates required documentation and ensure completion of related formalities as required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Effective knowledge of employment legislation and country labour laws.
• Knowledge in other nations' work policies and visas etc.
• Able to be assertive when communicating with staff and managers at all level
• Experience in assessment, monitoring and evaluation, training and facilitation of staff
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints
• High level of Hindi. Ability to understand and speak Arabic is a plus in addition to other Indian dialect and in any event, you must be able to read, write and speak English.
Superb inter-personal skills and instant credibility are essential as you will be inter-facing with a number of people from different backgrounds, nationalities and religions.
Resourceful with a flexible outlook, have the ability to multi-task in order to handle competing priorities and be able to fit in to an international dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
Finally, you should possess a Drivers Licence and be PC / IT literate particularly with MS office.
This is an outstanding challenge for a Deputy HR Manager looking for something different.
What's on Offer?
Competitive salary per annum tax free.
Paid Holiday an