Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Therapeutic Medical Physicist.
Based at: San Antonio, Texas.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced Therapeutic Medical Physicist to be a part of Therapeutic Medical Physics Teamwho will support the Radiation Oncology program with specific therapeutic medical physics and support services.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Ten years of recent clinical medical physics experience. Shall be currently proficient in clinical radiation therapy physics technology and other support services, demonstrated by active practice of at least 12 months within the last 18 months.
- Meets the training and experience qualifications of 10 CFR 35 to handle NRC license brachytherapy sources. Possess United States (U.S.) Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) qualifications listed in Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 35 (10 CFR 35) for an authorized medical physicist (AMP) including specialization with both low dose rate (LDR) brachytherapy and high dose rate (HDR) remote after loading brachytherapy.
- Clinical experience with total body photon irradiation (TBI).
- Clinical experience with total skin electron irradiation (TSE) is not required, but familiarity is a plus.
- Shall have clinical experience with both low dose rate (LDR) and high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy modalities; including both interstitial and intracavitary brachytherapy approaches.
- Shall have clinical experience in planning and implementing LDR brachytherapy for prostate applications; including all quality assurance testing.
- Shall have clinical experience in planning and implementing HDR brachytherapy for prostate applications with > 12 catheters; including all quality assurance testing.
- Shall have clinical experience in planning and implementing HDR brachytherapy for gynecologic applications; including all quality assurance testing.
- Shall have clinical experience in planning and implementing HDR brachytherapy for breast applications; including all quality assurance testing.
- Shall have experience with gynecological and prostate brachytherapy using Oncentra treatment planning system.
- Shall have clinical experience with intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) including volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT).
- Shall have clinical experience with stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT).
- Shall have clinical experience with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) using a linear accelerator (LINAC) based treatment and planning platform.
- Shall have clinical experience with image guided radiotherapy (IGRT).
- Shall have clinical experience with surface guided radiation therapy (SGRT) including optical surface monitoring systems (OSMS).
- Shall have clinical experience with on-board imaging (OBI).
- Shall have clinical experience with triggered imaging (TI) with both manual and auto beam hold.
- Shall have clinical experience with real-time position management (RPM).
- Shall have clinical experience with fluoroscopic image guidance with both manual and auto beam hold.
- Shall have clinical experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of a dual-photon and multiple-electron energy linear accelerator with multi-leaf collimator (MLC) and electronic portal imaging device (EPID) capable of both IGRT, IMRT, VMAT, SRS, and SBRT.
- Shall have clinical experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of a three-dimensional (3D) treatment planning system (TPS) capable of producing IGRT, IMRT, VMAT, SRS, SBRT, and brachytherapy plans.
- Shall have experience with routine quality assurance / performance testing equipment (ion chambers, diodes, film, optically stimulated luminescent dosimetry (OSLD), and Thermoluminescent dosimetry (TLD) and techniques necessary to verify the accuracy and reproducibility of contemporary 3D, IGRT, IMRT, and brachytherapy based treatments and equipment, to include daily, monthly, and annual testing in accordance with current American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) recommendations.
- Shall have experience in providing input for MEDCASE CEEP procurement process including SuperCEEP and CEEP items needed for the department, such as: linear accelerators, planning software and hardware, brachytherapy equipment, quality assurance phantoms and testing devices, etc.
- Shall have familiarity with the radiation physics aspects of the American College of Radiology (ACR) or American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx) accreditation process.
- Shall have had all or part of the required clinical experience obtained in a clinic, which actively participates in national research protocols (National Cancer Institute (NCI) National Clinical Trials Network, NRG Oncology, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG), Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG), Children's Oncology Group (COG), and Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology) and familiarity with the benchmark and dosimetry requirements of these protocols including: Radiological Physics Center (RPC) Thermoluminescent Dosimetry (TLD) irradiation and RPC site visitation and inspection. Shall possess teaching experience in radiotherapy physics/radiation safety and therapeutic radiological physics.
- Shall have experience entering patient prescriptions and treatment parameters into Varian Aria remote access terminal (verify and record system) including MLP (beam shaper) workstation.
- Shall have familiarity with the requirements of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission contained in 10 CFR 20 and 35. Oversight experience over other physicists and dosimetrists.
- Shall have familiarity with DA/DHA regulations governing the use of radiation sources (i.e. TB MED 521). Shall have experience as a contract physicist at a DOD clinical facility that sees emergency room patients. Possess oversight experience over other MPs and dosimetrists.
- Shall possess oversight experience over other therapeutic medical physicists, radiation oncology specific certified medical dosimetrists, and radiation oncology specific radiation therapy technologists.
- Shall have experience as a medical physicist at a hospital-based clinical facility with emergency medicine and trauma services.
- Shall have experience as a medical physicist in coordinating and implementing systems upgrades on Varian, Nucletron, Sun Nuclear, Philips, and other radiation therapy treatment and quality assurance platforms.
- Shall possess experience with the following products and equipment:
- BARD Quicklink Loader for brachytherapy.
- Brain Lab treatment planning system (legacy).
- Elekta CMS Xio treatment planning system (legacy).
- Fluke electrometer (equipment QA test systems).
- Gammex/RMI Solid Water Phantom Kit (patient and equipment QA test system).
- Harshaw TLD system (patient QA test systems).
- IBA/Scanditronix Scanning System (equipment QA test systems).
- Kodak ACR2000 digital imaging system.
- Laser Patient Alignment Systems (LAP, Gammex).
- Nucletron Applicator Sets (Cervical, Vaginal, Y, Venezia).
- Nucletron MicroSelection remote afterloading system.
- Nucletron Oncentra treatment planning system.
- Qfix Couch Inserts (patient immobilization systems).
- Philips AcQSim.
- Philips CT simulation scanner.
- Philips Pinnacle treatment planning system (legacy).
- PTW ion chambers (equipment QA test systems).
- Radcalc MU check software.
- Standard Imaging electrometer and ion chambers (equipment QA test systems).
- Sun Nuclear Arc Check (patient QA test system).
- Sun Nuclear DQA3 (equipment QA test systems).
- Sun Nuclear Mapcheck-2 (patient QA test system).
- Sun Nuclear Profiler-2 (equipment QA test system).
- Sun Nuclear 1D Water Tank (patient and equipment QA test system).
- Varian ARIA oncology information system.
- Varian Eclipse treatment planning system.
- Varian Edge linear accelerator (including MLC, portal image systems, IGRT modalities and IMRT).
- Varian Trilogy linear accelerator (including MLC, portal image systems, IGRT modalities and IMRT).
- Varian Variseed treatment planning system.
- Varian Velocity multi-modality image registration system.
- Varian 21EX linear accelerator (legacy).
- Vision RT Surface Guided System (patient alignment and monitoring, in real time).
- Shall possess a doctorate degree (Ph.D. or Sc.D.) in Therapeutic Radiological Physics, Therapeutic Medical Physics, or equivalent from a university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc. (CAMPEP).
- Possess Board Certification by either the American Board of Radiology (ABR) in Therapeutic Medical Physics, Radiological Physics or the American College of Medical Physics (ACMP) in Therapeutic Medical Physics.
- Shall possess a current professional medical physicist license in the state of Texas.
- maintain a current, active, valid and unrestricted license to practice medical physics.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for,
- Manage the Radiation Therapy Service Equipment Quality Control Program. · Develop, oversee, and analyze technician quality control testing of radiation producing, detection, and measurement equipment.
- Perform physics quality control testing, calibration, and equipment evaluation on equipment to be used directly for radiation therapy purposes.
- Monitor maintenance of treatment device, dosimetry, and radiation therapy imaging equipment, and pertinent accessory purposes.
- Coordinate maintenance of treatment device, dosimeter, radiation therapy imaging equipment, and accessories with medical maintenance.
- Provide expert guidance for procurement of new and emerging technologies related to treatment and quality assurance equipment. Assist the Government in developing specifications for the procurement of this equipment.
- Develop and oversee quality control testing.
- Consult with physician and radiation therapist to determine positioning of patient and equipment. Provide periodic analysis of consistent and accurate positioning of patient equipment, and treatment aid. Perform treatment chart checks.
- Implement installation and application of systems upgrades on Varian, Nucletron, Sun Nuclear, Philips, and other radiation therapy treatment and quality assurance platforms. This is to be performed with system specific vendor expert personnel.
- Assist physician in surgical insertion of brachytherapy device (etc.…)
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR