Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to lead and manage the Customer Support Teams within the Property Finance division, which includes responsibility for Loan Management, Expiry Management, Product Switches and Operational Support. The Senior Manager, Customer Operations will provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the teams to ensure there is a robust operational framework in place that delivers excellent service for customers.
- Responsible for managing the performance of the Customer Support Teams to ensure consistency in decisions/tasks across all areas, and that all individuals are working within agreed parameters and that service levels are achieved
- Compile management information, analysing the data to identify trends and initiate corrective steps to improve business performance and service levels, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the operation.
- To ensure policies, procedures and customer correspondence are reviewed regularly, ensuring they are up to date in line with Regulatory requirements and Banking standards.
- Promote and drive forward continuous improvement within the team to ensure changes are implemented and are promoted in a positive manner. Including any central projects.
- To build and manage excellent relationships with our outsourced provider, ensuring performance standards remain high and processes relevant and efficient. To progress changes to modernise processes in line with our continuous improvement approach, maximising efficiency, value and good customer outcomes. To attend monthly service reviews addressing areas of concern/improvement. To work closely with our Head of Outsourced services to escalate any ongoing performance issues.
- To deliver the ongoing needs of customers by developing customer feedback initiatives and attending monthly complaints forums. To analyse complaint outcomes and customer feedback, addressing root causes/other learnings to create improvements, tackle training needs and/or improve customer experience.
- Responsible for providing accurate MI into a workload management tool to allow future FTE requirements to be planned and operationalized.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are up to date on all compliance and regulatory requirements including mandatory training
- Ensure that the teams meet their SLA and efficiency targets
- To have an excellent understanding of the bank’s risk appetite on post completion matters, maintaining a mandate in all post completion activities and acting as a referral point for complex or unusual matters.
- Able to demonstrate 5+ years’ experience of working within an operational financial services environment, ideally mortgage operations.
- Proven experience of delivering projects within agreed deadlines and budget
- Proven leadership experience gained within a similar function