Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £22.41 - £25.00 per hour
Job Title: English Teacher
Position: Part-time, or full-time, temporary
Pay:£22.41 - £25.00
About the role
REED Further Education are recruiting an English Teacher based in Middlesbrough.
The successful English Teacher will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of a PGCE or Cert Ed
- Experience of teaching low level Functional Skills and GCSE English
- Experience of working with SEMH and SEN, challenging and sensitive students aged 16 - 24 years of age
- Previous experience of understanding and handling challenging behaviour
- Ability to prepare a scheme of work and develop your own resources and materials
As an English Teacher, you will:
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules
Benefits of working for REED Further Education/Our Client:
- Exclusive representation to leading FE colleges and training providers in the area
- 1-2-1 specialist Consultant who will search for jobs on your behalf. CV writing and job interview tips!
- The ability to sign up to a Health Cash Plan and REED Discount Club.
- Entitlement to Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay, Parental Leave and Antenatal/Pre-Adoption Appointment Payment
- Access to Training and Development - REED Assessment Centre - REED Learning.
- Eye Test and Spectacle Vouchers
If you are an English Teacher and you feel you meet the criteria, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'ApplyNow’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment by completing mandatory training within 6 weeks of your first assignment and annually thereafter.