Job Title: Design Manager (Interior)
Job Location: Boston, MA
Salary/Pay Rate: 80-95k
We are seeking a Studio Designer for a really incredible opportunity -- to update one of America's favorite "fast-casual dining experiences. Because this project is incredibly high-profile, our need to elevate design to the highest level has never been greater. To support these efforts, we are on the hunt for experienced and highly creative designers and design leaders who have a passion and talent for great design. With a broad mandate to push the design envelope, these studio-based designers will have a unique opportunity to participate in the building of a world-class design organization. The ideal candidate, is a highly creative and effective professional with broad residential, retail, restaurant and hospitality design experience, has a passion for all things design and is able to work effectively as part of a collaborative team to execute projects to the highest brand standards.
Position Overview - (everything you need to know):
We are looking for an experienced and talented designer to join our client's design studio, with experience working in high caliber creative teams. The Designer will work alongside other designers and will report directly to
the studio Design Director and/or Sr. Design Manager. As an integral part of the design studio and broader development team, the Designer will design and deliver thoughtful and highly creative design solutions that
elevate the brand while accommodating business considerations, functional goals and our typical aggressive timelines.
- Responsible for the design and overall look/feel of new and remodeled Company and Franchise cafés and to create thoughtful and highly creative regional café designs that align with current design criteria (strategies) and high quality brand standards.
- Actively participate in a strong creative studio culture, engage in open discourse, and leverage critical thinking skills to solve design problems. Has a passion for all things design that includes an understanding of history and current trends in design, furniture and fashion, etc.
- Approach project work, collaboration and feedback with a positive attitude and a focus on design quality and achieving business results.
Directly responsible for the functional layout, schematic design, and furniture/material/finish palettes for Company and Franchise new and remodeled cafes, and other brands/concepts as may be identified over time.
Bring projects into regular open-forum style design reviews as well as offline review as needed, and respond to design direction, coaching and guidance so that the projects meet high quality brand standards.
Responsible for the quality, execution and timely deliverable of design development and construction drawings by outside Architectural firms. Ensure all scope of work, design intent and federal, state and municipality code requirements are met on drawings.
Work with Franchise partners to ensure that design intent is executed to the highest standards and in coordination with their outside Architect’s design development, and construction documents.
Support cross-functional team goals (Company Owned and Franchise operations, ops services, real estate, construction) in order to:
Deliver effective store layouts that meet functional and business needs.
Provide effective collaboration and communication with broader store development team so that projects meet internal project timelines and construction budgets, hit annual new store and remodel project counts and achieve sales weeks goals.
Monitor the work quality of the external architect consultants to ensure they deliver high quality construction documents that comply with architectural and quality standards, building codes and health and safety regulations, on time and on budget.
Summary of Experience
- 3-5+ years of broad experience, including design, detailing and preparation of construction documents, in high end single-family Residential, Restaurant/Hospitality and Retail preferred.
- 3+ years of design experience in a restaurant or retail brand.
- 3+ year’s management of outside architectural, MEP and/or other design consultants.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design and/or a related field of study.
Current working knowledge and experience with:
- 3D visualization (hand sketching/CAD programs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of design and color principles, architectural detailing and specifications.
- Current knowledge of relevant professional building codes, health codes and compliance issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude with ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-moving, high pressure and constantly changing business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple project timelines and schedules simultaneously and work with little supervision to produce high quality work on strict timelines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency required. Prefer experience with ACAD/Revit and Google Sketch-up.
Growing global environmental firm.
Role: Design Manager (Interior)
Apply for this job now.