A leading UK law firm is looking to recruit a Costs Lawyer in their Liverpool office.
Initially the role will be remote/ work from home until it is safe to return to the office. Once normality resumes there may still be an opportunity to work part time from home and part time in the office.
The firm also offer time in lieu which offers an extra 1 day holiday per month!
The salary for this position is up to £35,000
The position will involve working within the firms Technical Costs Team dealing predominantly with RTA cases including Multi-Track and Fixed Costs Disputes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Drafting of bills of costs (Electronic & Paper)
- Preparing Precedent H Budgets
- Dealing with Part 8 matters
- Dealing with Fixed Costs Disputes
- Drafting Estimates of Costs
- Preparing Points of Dispute/Replies
- Negotiating costs generally with own case load
- Taking files to Provisional/Detailed Assessment
- Preparing N260 Costs Schedules
- Attending hearings including Detailed Assessments and CCMC (not essential)
- Provide costs advice/guidance to fee earners as and when required
- Complete post Assessment work including agreeing figures and concluding Assessment process
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Costs Draftsperson/Costs Lawyer
- Knowledge of Case Management Systems, training will be given
- Good knowledge of IT working with Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of CPR and Case law
- Experience of preparing New Electronic Bills a must
- Track record of dealing with high value Multi-Track cases
- Ability to deal with third party solicitors and insurers on a day-to-day basis
- Able to maintain the highest client care standards
- Experience with working within a team environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads
If you match the above criteria and want to learn more then please apply for immediate consideration.
Candidates are currently being shortlisted and interviews are being arranged so its likely this role will not be around for long.