25.00 per hour/Unit Based
Need is for (1)
Client is in Need of (1) OSP Engineers - Field Services for Omaha, NE. This is for Direct Placement and the need is immediate. Job Description below:
This position must have working level of knowledge in all technical aspects of designing OSP fiber and copper plant and work as a team member with OSP Design Engineers. The successful candidate is responsible for the field design and layout of OSP (Outside Plant) telecommunications network to include aerial, buried and underground Fiber network design and layout, underground conduit, manhole/hand hole, building entrance and riser facilities, utility, road and railroad crossings and other complex ROW issues. Candidates should be familiar with engineering in the public right of way and on private property. Other responsibilities of this position include researching plats and ROW dimensions at various municipalities, contact existing gas and electric companies for verification of facilities and fully assess a cost effective route. Aerial experience coordinating between telecommunications companies and electric companies is a requirement as well. Candidates must possess the ability to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or similar technical discipline/experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the fiber-optic/telecommunications / telecom construction industry
- Previous experience in planning, project management, contract negotiations, and accounting fundamentals
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with building structure conduit/path design
- Proficiency in variety of CAD applications and Microsoft Office applications
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Good math and science skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Ability to learn new technical systems and tools
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- This position requires a lot of walking, and the ability to remove hand hole and manhole lids
- 3-5 years equivalent work experience in OSP Engineering
- Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical and electronic tools for gathering field data
- Read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects
- Knowledge of outside plant activities (Fiber Cable Design, Pole Line Construction, Conduit System design)
- Ability to resolve problems following standard practices, using judgment within defined policies and guidelines
- Capable of managing their own work load and prioritizing multiple field engineering assignments completed on time and on budget
- Planning (establishment of feeder routes, FDA cabinet locations, distribution routes & boundaries)
- Design engineering (feeder and distribution layouts to be redlined on base maps showing all requirements associated with OSP distribution)
- Experience with ILEC LSO fiber entrance application, scheduling, and implementation processes
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ESRI and shapefile functionality
C4 Technical Services knows the right people in IT and Telecom
C4 Technical Services earns the trust of our clients and candidates by understanding the needs of both, matching experienced professionals with the right opportunity. We are a business that thrives on agility, and because of that, we are able to handle staff needs outside of core competency for a range of clients.
From providing expert contractors for projects requiring temporary staffing, to direct-hire searches for key positions within organizations of any size, C4 Technical Services knows the right people in Information Technology, Telecommunications and Engineering.
A family-owned business, we have seen rapid growth. As our business has grown, we have added capabilities and services that position us as a leader in the staffing industry, all without losing our personal touch.
C4 Technical Services has the experience to handle single client needs, as well as support national firms with hundreds of needs. Our client roster includes small, locally-owned businesses and Fortune 500 companies. We have contractors working in 44 of the 50 states, and our base continues to grow.
Information Technology and Telecommunications staffing.
Specialties: Information Technology Services, Consulting, Contracting, Staffing.
Role: Outside Plant - Field Engineer - Omaha, NE
Apply for this job now.