COMPANY: ENTERPRISE RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: 30000 - 45000 - Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Assay Development Biochemist Working for an expanding start-up you will play a pivotal role in the design, development and evaluation of assays for next generation biochemistry projects.
Based at their state-of-the-art facilities in Oxford you will work with some of the best minds within the Biochemistry and sensing field in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Building on years of university research the company have some exciting plans working with a diverse range of technology with some areas due to go to market later in the year.
This role will join the biochemistry group at an early stage of development where you can make an immediate impact on the growth of chemical sensing technology.
You will initially join a research project funded by an external company for around 6 months and then you will continue to work with new technology areas which can be used in different applications from medical technology to explosive detection.
Some day to day areas of the role will include: - Optimising existing assays and then developing new assays for development on a microfluidic reactor.
- Working on the investigation and reporting of assays working closely with teams of cross functional engineers and scientists.
- Test assays and then producing technical reports for customers.
- Making a significant contribution to market development related to bio diagnostics and biotechnologies.
For this role we are looking for candidates with the following experience: - A PhD in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or a degree with some industry experience.
- Experience of working with surface modification/immobilisation of antibodies in an orientated manner.
- A strong understanding of antibody-based assays, biotechnologies and biochemistry.